Titanic Exhibition

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Was in Las Vegas over this last weekend. On Saturday the wife and I made our way over to The Luxor and we decided to do the exhibitions they have there. They have two: Bodies and Titanic. We paid for both. Bodies was a bit too much for me (wife has worked in the medical field most her life, so is super interested in that stuff), but the Titanic one was absolutely fantastic. They had a lot of artifacts recovered from the wreck site, including a bottle of wine that is still corked closed (that blew me away it survived that long). The room that really grabbed me and held me frozen in place was the one with the actually piece of hull from the Titanic. It was very surreal. I would highly recommend visiting this if you're in Las Vegas and have never been. It's very fascinating.

Only negative I had is that they also have a recreation of the Grand Staircase, but of course no photography of it. They have a guy standing in there and want to charge you for a picture. I figured for a $35 ticket I could just take my own picture.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Not terribly impressed.

That rendition of what the Titanic looks like on the bottom of the Atlantic now is really, shall we say, a joke.

The ship is falling apart; eaten away, it looks nothing like what they show.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was in Las Vegas over this last weekend. On Saturday the wife and I made our way over to The Luxor and we decided to do the exhibitions they have there. They have two: Bodies and Titanic. We paid for both. Bodies was a bit too much for me (wife has worked in the medical field most her life, so is super interested in that stuff), but the Titanic one was absolutely fantastic. They had a lot of artifacts recovered from the wreck site, including a bottle of wine that is still corked closed (that blew me away it survived that long). The room that really grabbed me and held me frozen in place was the one with the actually piece of hull from the Titanic. It was very surreal. I would highly recommend visiting this if you're in Las Vegas and have never been. It's very fascinating.

Only negative I had is that they also have a recreation of the Grand Staircase, but of course no photography of it. They have a guy standing in there and want to charge you for a picture. I figured for a $35 ticket I could just take my own picture.

I actually saw possibly the same exhibit at the Mystic Aquarium, here in CT. Very eerie to see.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We saw it in Pigeon Forge, TN. Did they have the tank of cold water that mimics the water when it sank. Goal was to see how long you could hold your hand in the water.
Kind of, they had an ice wall that was cooled to the temperature of the icy cold waters you could stick your hand on. Different, but same idea.
Not terribly impressed.

That rendition of what the Titanic looks like on the bottom of the Atlantic now is really, shall we say, a joke.

The ship is falling apart; eaten away, it looks nothing like what they show.

Are you suggesting they're faking this?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Kind of, they had an ice wall that was cooled to the temperature of the icy cold waters you could stick your hand on. Different, but same idea.

Are you suggesting they're faking this?
An intelligent person would know that whatever this exhibit shows, its mostly fake. Just the photos published in this thread pretty much prove it.
It in no way shows Titanic in any realistic way

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

That is cool. Is that a permanent expo? I have a sister in Vegas. I could go see her, and we could check that out.