Titans to wear Oilers throwbacks for home game in 2023

Hardline

Reaction score
Tennessee Titans owner Amy Adams Strunk hasn’t been a fan of using Houston Oilers throwbacks in years past because of the league’s helmet policy that would force the team to wear its current helmet with the throwback jersey.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/202...ans-houston-oilers-throwbacks-2023-home-game/

football-houston-oilers-earl-campbell-in-action-vs-los-angeles-rams-picture-id81369841

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Good way to get some extra cash for what looks to be a possible bad year for them record wise

fivetwos

Reaction score
They were the Tennessee Oilers for one season and played in….was it Memphis?

I remember Stepnoski left to sign with them, so it must have been 94.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'd like to see the "Texans" change back to the Oilers. The old uni's are much more identifiable in my mind. Easily one of the best uniforms in the NFL.
I remember those 70s battles with the Steelers, and hopelessly rooting for Houston lol. Great times.

Great, great defense….led by none other than coach’s son Wade Phillips. Wade doesn’t get the respect he ought to as a DC…..probably because of the HC failures.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I remember those 70s battles with the Steelers, and hopelessly rooting for Houston lol. Great times.

Great, great defense….led by none other than coach’s son Wade Phillips. Wade doesn’t get the respect he ought to as a DC…..probably because of the HC failures.
Wade was the d-line coach for the Oilers. Ed Biles was the DC of those 70s team. Wade's first DC job was with the Saints.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dan Pastorini was a pretty good QB they just couldn’t beat the best team of the 70’s the Steelers .

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dan Pastorini was a pretty good QB they just couldn’t beat the best team of the 70’s the Steelers .
Definitely no shame is not being able to beat those Steelers, but he was very average at best. Never finished in the top ten in passer rating during his career. Just not a very efficient passer. A decent punter.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
“Dan Pastorini with a six-foot weenie showed it to the woman next door, she thought it was a snake, cut it with a rake….now it’s only two-foot four”

I remember that jingle played on the radio all the time way back when :laugh:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Definitely no shame is not being able to beat those Steelers, but he was very average at best. Never finished in the top ten in passer rating during his career. Just not a very efficient passer. A decent punter.

I said “ pretty good “. Never mentioned Canton . Bum Phillips said the Oilers were going to “ kick the door in “ get past the Steelers . Never happened .

joseephuss

Reaction score
I said “ pretty good “. Never mentioned Canton . Bum Phillips said the Oilers were going to “ kick the door in “ get past the Steelers . Never happened .
Didn't say you mentioned Canton. Just said he was average, which is a step below "pretty good".

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'd like to see the "Texans" change back to the Oilers. The old uni's are much more identifiable in my mind. Easily one of the best uniforms in the NFL.
they cant, unless they paid Titans for the right to use that name and the uniforms.
There also might be nfl rules which would not allow it.

The texans have a bad name and awful uniforms and helmets, would love to see them become the oilers with those old uniforms .
But it wont happen.

Flamma

Reaction score

LOL I remember rooting for Houston too. Who are we kidding?

In the '79 season the Chargers were the #1 seed. They slaughtered Pittsburgh in week 12. I would have loved to see Pitt have to go to San Diego for the championship game. But Houston upset the Chargers in a close one the week before.

Flamma

Reaction score
Speaking of old uniforms, the Eagles will be using their old unis next year too. I don't know when or for how many games.