TLCC Mock Draft v.1 (Pre-Combine)

TLCC

Reaction score
Here is my first Mock Draft. I would love to move up to grab Duke Robinson but if we are planning on keeping Holland then I think it's more of a want than a need. It sounds as though TO is going to stay so I didn't address the need as WR.

51. OLB - Paul Kruger - 6'5 265 - 4.68 - Utah - Has good size and athleticism. Could come in an immediately challenge Anthony Spencer for playing time. I am hoping the Cowboys cut Greg Ellis and save over 4 Million against the cap.

69. CB - Coye Francies - 6' 180 4.47 San Jose State. Francies is a tall athletic CB. He can could potentially come in and help the return game. This will allow us to either cut Anthony Henry or move him to FS.

97. ILB - Scott McKillop - 6'1 2
43 - 4.74 - Pittsburgh - He is a leader, works hard, makes plays and is instinctive. The main questions about McKillop is he has limited athletic ability. But I'll take a guy like this on our team any day. I just hope he lasts until this pick. He should help ease the loss of Zach Thomas.

113. FS/SS - Emmanuel Cook 5'10 205 4.52 - South Carolina - He has questions about his character, maturity and size issues. But I would take a chance on him based on his athletic ability. He is an explosive hitter and I consider him a Patrick Chung light. He would be good value at this pick with 6 or 7 Safety's ahead of him I can see him lasting until this spot in the draft.

148. NT - Sammie Lee Hill 6'4 331 - 5.20 - Stillman - I almost took him in the 4th round because I feel he is going to be a wanted man. He has questions about his level of competition and would need some time to develop. But other than that he has all the qualities that you would want from a NT good size and could probably put on another 10-15 pounds without giving up much speed. I think he has more upside than Ron Brace.

158. T - Joel Bell - 6'7 315 - Furman - Has the size and strength to play in this league. Level of competition is a concern. He would need a year or two to develop.

184. G/T/C - TJ Lang - 6'4 315 - East Michigan - Can play all postitions which will give him a huge bonus. I see him as a backup player that can replace Cory Proctor.

193. DT/DE - Khalif Mitchell 6'5 316 - 4.95 - East Carolina - Has the size and athleticism to play DE in a 3-4.

210. WR - Marko Mitchell 6'4 204 - 4.49 Nevada. I love "iroot4losers" last pick Dominque Edison. I was tempted to steal his pick. But thought I should come up with my own sleeper. Mitchell is a project he has size and speed but questionable desire and work ethic. If you could motivate this guy to play he could be a real steal. Plus who wouldn't draft a guy named Marko?

I would have liked to grab a QB, and a OL a little earlier but felt the needs at other positions were a bit more pressing. I do see us picking a QB with one of the comp picks we should be getting.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Are Kruger and McKillup really that slow? I realize that having great instincts comes first, but especially at OLB in a 4-3...the 4.7 forty range is turtle like. I want a guy who can cover some and had a great brust for pass rushing there. Maybe he has a great burst and not much of a 40 time? Maybe the have the great toughness, ball skills, and instinct to make up for it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I like McKillop, Sammie Lee HIll, Joel Bell, TJ Lang. I'm not sure Kruger can play LB. I don't like Cook at all his character issues are a big reg flag for me. Coye Francis also has character issues being arrested for a gun charge. I'm going to question Marko's hands we need a sure handed reciver that catches everything his way. Still a nice mock.

DFWJC

Reaction score
DFWJC;2644933 said:
Are Kruger and McKillup really that slow? I realize that having great instincts comes first, but especially at OLB in a 4-3...the 4.7 forty range is turtle like. I want a guy who can cover some and had a great brust for pass rushing there. Maybe he has a great burst and not much of a 40 time? Maybe the have the great toughness, ball skills, and instinct to make up for it.

I stand corrected. At least in the round 2 and later prospects, a 4.7 forty is deemed respectable...and again, I realize that this is secondary to some other attributes needed at OLB.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like it, I like the fact that you aren't so pressed to draft a "need" player and are looking at value instead

DFWJC, 4.68 isn't a blazing time, but he's near 270lbs. and all accounts say that he is an exceptional athlete that can drop into coverage and move laterally, and has adequate initial quickness off the edge