Twitter: TLH: 5 replacements for OC Kellen Moore?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nussmeier/Philbin should be far and away the favorite. I'm skeptical MM would look outside to bring in a new OC when he could just take over most of those duties, plus most high profile OCs will want to bring their own staffs.

I also think just like this season, he doesn't want to install a completely new offense. So he would want someone who is comfortable running this offense with some continued tweaking. As he said going into this year, it was easier for him to learn the language of the offense than for the entire offense to learn new terms, etc.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been hard on Moore, but I will not harp on it if he stays. He has been good for Dak for sure. And now Andy finding his groove. However, it is those bone headed play calls at the odd times that hurt.
But they been less the past few games. I wonder if MM has taken some control or has talked to him about getting too cute in those situations.
Maybe it is a learning experience.
It was an adjustment for Moore as it was for everyone when Dak went down.

However if he leaves, then I also welcome the change.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Nussmeier/Philbin should be far and away the favorite. I'm skeptical MM would look outside to bring in a new OC when he could just take over most of those duties, plus most high profile OCs will want to bring their own staffs.

Agree....not to mention, he's out of markers. He'll be under a ton of pressure after everything ( mostly bad) that's happened this season. So I agree, not sure he'll trust anyone with Dak and offense after/ if Moore leaves.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let Big Mike be the playcaller. Bring in Norv Turner if you cant bring in a young guy.

Norv Turner days in the NFL are over....... (LOL)

tenor.gif

dckid

Reaction score
Norv Turner days in the NFL are over....... (LOL)

tenor.gif
I was just trying to be a bit outrageous. Your response is what I expected.
You do have to remember he was on Carolina recently and his son is the o coordinator of the WFT. Let us also remember we had an idiot like JG as our HC for 10 years.
Nora fully utilized CMC.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Likely Nuss with MM as play caller. O is good, don't want changes at this point. I'd give Nuss the title as it benefits him in terms of resume and gives a chance to bring in a developmental guy at QB coach - I expect that MM has a few former backup qbs he'd like to offer this too or potentially Ben McAdoo if he gets outta Jax.