TLH...A Primer for the Game Tomorrow, My Article

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
http://thelandryhat.com/2013/09/21/cowboys-vs-rams-historically-even-matchup/

In their entire History in the NFL there is no team that the Dallas Cowboys have played more evenly than the St. Louis Rams. Consider this as evidence of this claim. The all time series between the two teams is currently tied at 11-11. The series was also previously tied at 10-10, 9-9, 8-8, 7-7, 6-6, and 1-1. The two teams have faced each other 11 times at the Cowboys home field and 11 times at the Rams home field. Each team is 6-5 at home in the series and 5-6 on the road.

On top of this in the post season the teams have faced each other 8 times, which is the most times for any opponent the Cowboys have faced in the post season. You guessed it, they are 4-4 against each other in the post season. It just doesn’t get much more even than that Historically.

The Rams got their genesis in Cleveland in 1936. They were not the first NFL team in the city of Cleveland. In 1920, the NFL’s inaugural year the Cleveland Tigers played. Prior to that year, from 1916 to 1919 they played as the Cleveland Indians, which was very common for early football teams to take the mascot name of the established local baseball team. For 1919 and then in the NFL in 1920 they were the Tigers. Then in 1921 they again called themselves the Indians. They folded after the 1921 season.

Clink the link above to read more...

Fredd

Reaction score
so when we beat them, we will be WAY ahead of them historically....:D

I assume that this game goes to overtime and Dallas wins with a Bailey boot from about 37 yards

Reaction score
so when we beat them, we will be WAY ahead of them historically....:D

I assume that this game goes to overtime and Dallas wins with a Bailey boot from about 37 yards

Nice article OP......I think we'll go to overtime as well but the game will end in a tie!

Staubacher

Reaction score
We win 27-20. Murray goes for a buck ten. Dez catches a TD and Twill gets his first

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
love the historical perspective....good article.... TLH is an awesome site

iceman117

Reaction score
sweet, but these two rosters never played each other so I hope this roster makes it 1-0 against that roster. Good to know those stats though, thanks

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sweet, but these two rosters never played each other so I hope this roster makes it 1-0 against that roster. Good to know those stats though, thanks
I am so glad you understand that. Very cool reply that makes me smile because someone out there gets it that the past is interesting but has no bearing on this team tomorrow. Thank you.