To all those against the TO signing ...

ZenItRam

Reaction score
I have been against it myself. Here's a quote to show my distain with the idea:

ZenItRam said:
The only senario that would change my mind about TO is this:

He gets here and becomes a humble team player that plays to his talent level while cultivating and growing a strong healthy relationship with the coaching staff in such a way that sets and demonstrates what it is to be a student of the game. This would spread through the team as the years passed through his contract and, along the way, he begins mentoring the next young talent that would take his spot as his time as a football player ends. At the end of a period like that, I would feel TO would deserve my respect and I would feel wrong for not wanting him in Dallas.

So if other TO nay-sayers feel the way I do about TO, you can see it would be a long lonely road for him. But as I see it, TO is not even close to being that type of player ... not even close. TO is the type of player that acts the part of an aggressive virus that will end up destroying its host ... destroying the Dallas Cowboys.

But, with all that being said and the inevitability of TO becoming a Dallas Cowboy … let’s give him all the support we can as fans and just hope the good scenario in my quote happens. I can only say that if we are always spreading negativity toward him, the negative may happen.

I for one am hoping for the best and I’ll give TO all the rope he wants to prove himself as a player for the Dallas Cowboys, a Dallas Cowboys, and a teammate for the rest of the team.

Here's to hoping the division in the fans doesn't spread. :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
You really know how to preach it, man. I agree that as Cowboy fans we must all stick together and support whatever they do. Don't judge TO until he at least suits up with the Star on his helmet.:star:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I didn't care for Antonio Bryant when he was here (because of his attitude) but I cheered for him. Once he screwed up, THEN I wanted him off the team.

But I'll always give a person a chance (unless they are a harsh criminal)

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I didn't care for Antonio Bryant when he was here (because of his attitude) but I cheered for him. Once he screwed up, THEN I wanted him off the team.

But I'll always give a person a chance (unless they are a harsh criminal)

Hasn't TO been given like 12 chances thus far?

FWIW-an AFC team would have been alot better off 'cuz they rarely play us. However-having to play the Iggles TWICE a year, it's only gonna be a big distraction for us.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Don't worry, once TO starts winning us ball games you'll be happy.

And once he starts bringing this team down, we won't.

Mansta54

Reaction score
TunaFan33 said:
Hasn't TO been given like 12 chances thus far?

FWIW-an AFC team would have been alot better off 'cuz they rarely play us. However-having to play the Iggles TWICE a year, it's only gonna be a big distraction for us.

Not in BIG D he hasn't.....

BigWillie

Reaction score
The one thing that bumfuzzles me in this whole ordeal is how so many of the Cowboys 'fans' are actually cheering for his signing.

When the iggles signed him, we laughed and mocked the iggles for their idiocy. When he acted up, we mocked them and talked about how glad we were he was on another team. When TO acted so arrogantly in his trade, we talked about how immature he was. Then we he asked for a new deal, we berated him for being selfish. Now suddenly, so many are open to embracing him.

To me, thats as lowly as someone talking about you behind your back, but acting like your friend when they are with you. And yes, I'm talking about 90% of the entire Cowboys fan base.

It's also funny to me how everyone talks about how TO will lead us to how many victories. When has TO ever led a squad? The iggles were fine before him, and certainly after him as well. TO was apart of that Super Bowl squad, but so soon you forget how well the iggles played in the playoffs to get there WITHOUT him. They only lost the Super Bowl while playing WITH him. The iggles were at that same point for years while TO was looking in the mirror in San Francisco calling him the best thing since sliced bread.

Fact is, I'm not going to embrace someone who has NEVER proven to me he can shut his mouth and just play the game. Does that make me a fair-weather fan because I'm thinking more about the well being of the franchise I love, rather than accepting one player who has done nothing but in his career but tick people off? Well that's your own decision, and frankly I do not care what you title me.

Will I cheer for TO if he scores a TD, or will I cheer for him period? HELL NO! Will I in time? Maybe. But he has alot of proving to do before he earns my respect.

Funny how little it takes to impress some of you all though.

TDHND

Reaction score
Let's hope he learned from his mistakes and becomes a better person because of it.