TO slot Receiver Loving it

landryscorner

Reaction score
Usually we see our big receiver lined up to the left or right, but I have to give Garrett big credit for Using TO #1 as a dangerous slot receiver and #2 as a decoy to free up the outside, just saw the game again and that was so evident, I'm Glad Garrett is running this offense its beautiful to watch

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
landryscorner;1750581 said:
Usually we see our big receiver lined up to the left or right, but I have to give Garrett big credit for Using TO #1 as a dangerous slot receiver and #2 as a decoy to free up the outside, just saw the game again and that was so evident, I'm Glad Garrett is running this offense its beautiful to watch

Agreed.

I am not only glad he is running it... I am glad he is running it minus the Tuna handcuffs

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Im right there with ya, the whole offense in general is very imaginative.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1750684 said:
Agreed.

I am not only glad he is running it... I am glad he is running it minus the Tuna handcuffs

Stop pooping on otherwise good threads.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
landryscorner;1750581 said:
I'm Glad Garrett is running this offense its beautiful to watch
The single most important reason why we are #2 in scoring in the league this year. It wouldn't be that way if BP was still here.

Zman5

Reaction score
I was also glad to see T.O. running the slant again past Sunday.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1750763 said:
You say pooping... I say its the truth.

Yeah, but what do you think about Julius Jones starting at RB over Marion Barber?

Oh, and what's your take on Roy Williams in pass coverage? I just don't think he's very good there--how 'bout you?

Can you throw in a little truth about Zimmer's playcalling, while your at it? A little throw-back thread-poop for those of us who are interested, because we all want to hear it, and this is as good a place as any to start talking about it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Idgit;1750864 said:
Yeah, but what do you think about Julius Jones starting at RB over Marion Barber?

Oh, and what's your take on Roy Williams in pass coverage? I just don't think he's very good there--how 'bout you?

Can you throw in a little truth about Zimmer's playcalling, while your at it? A little throw-back thread-poop for those of us who are interested, because we all want to hear it, and this is as good a place as any to start talking about it.

Love your username :p:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't see how it's that irrelevant considering Parcells insisted on leaving Owens at split end and not moving him around...

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1750911 said:
I don't see how it's that irrelevant considering Parcells insisted on leaving Owens at split end and not moving him around...

(a) That's not true. At least not in an absolute way.

(b) The point (I believe) that was being made is; Feel free to appreciate our current accomplishments without stirring up an unnecessary ****-storm. (i.e. "Hey - it took us 7 games to run a slant for TO. I'm glad Parcells finally took the reins off of Garrett." :rolleyes:)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Its like have a Bentley and leaving it the garage... or just to tease everyone you drive it around the block once in a while... then hurry it back into the garage..

All praise Garrett.... I just hope he increases TO's workload with favorable plays

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;1750746 said:
The single most important reason why we are #2 in scoring in the league this year. It wouldn't be that way if BP was still here.

You've got that right! If Parcells was here, it'd be just as bad as last year, when we were a measly 4th in the NFL in scoring, 2 whole points OUT of second.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just because it *might* have tangential relevance doesn't mean we shouldn't resist the urge to steer a perfectly good thread into a ditch. We can play six-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon on any thread topic and eventually arrive at a boring dead end. Must we?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Idgit;1751103 said:
Just because it *might* have tangential relevance doesn't mean we shouldn't resist the urge to steer a perfectly good thread into a ditch. We can play six-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon on any thread topic and eventually arrive at a boring dead end. Must we?

Since when is compare and contrast a bad thing?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1751110 said:
Since when is compare and contrast a bad thing?

Ever compared a wife or girlfriend to another woman? Out loud?

And I don't have a problem with comparisons. It's just that this thread had a lot of room for interesting discussion and it's so easy for an otherwise good thread to devolve into a debate on a tired topic that is really only a tangent anyway. It's like hanging out with old people that only have a few good stories and pretty soon everything gets related to those same stories and everybody gets uncomfortable talking to them because nobody had the heart to tell them that they're old and boring. Instead, we all just hate old people and secretly can't wait for them to die.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
it was great to see T.O burn the eagles long for a TD. i was tired of having him on the other side, and burning us for 40.

:laugh2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Idgit;1751160 said:
Ever compared a wife or girlfriend to another woman? Out loud?

And I don't have a problem with comparisons. It's just that this thread had a lot of room for interesting discussion and it's so easy for an otherwise good thread to devolve into a debate on a tired topic that is really only a tangent anyway. It's like hanging out with old people that only have a few good stories and pretty soon everything gets related to those same stories and everybody gets uncomfortable talking to them because nobody had the heart to tell them that they're old and boring. Instead, we all just hate old people and secretly can't wait for them to die.

I hear ya... Its just that it pained me to go through last season with Parcells. I felt like we had more to give.

This year. We are giving it.

Contrasting can only lead to improvement... what to do and what not to do.... I think that makes for good convo myself...

I believe we could have gone further last year. That playoff game came down to the botched hold.. it didnt have to... when we could have been ahead by more points.

Kilyin

Reaction score
superpunk;1750919 said:
(a) That's not true. At least not in an absolute way.

Yeah it is, not once did Parcells ever move TO around, he always lined him up outside. And since he also refused to name a real OC, he gets all the blame.