TO vs. Big Bill

Cowchips

Reaction score
Can you picture TO's reaction when Bill follows him to the bench to tell him off? Something tells me the fur will fly but in the end, Bill and TO will develop a bond. He did it with Key, Glenn, Brian Cox, Lawrence Taylor. TO is more like a pollup compared to those others guys when they were considered "cancers" before siging on with the Tuna :)

Being from New England, I remember when Pete Carroll suspended Glenn for the last few games of the season, when they were still in the playoff race. Fans here thought P. Carroll was a moron for doing that. Parcells would have just told Glenn to shut the h*ll up and do his job, like he did last year with Key.

One thing about Bill that is very different than most other coaches. There's no hidden agenda, no reading between the lines, no whimping out.

Players know he shoots straight but uses a friggin' AK-47 :)

1fisher

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
Can you picture TO's reaction when Bill follows him to the bench to tell him off? Something tells me the fur will fly but in the end, Bill and TO will develop a bond. He did it with Key, Glenn, Brian Cox, Lawrence Taylor. TO is more like a pollup compared to those others guys when they were considered "cancers" before siging on with the Tuna :)

Being from New England, I remember when Pete Carroll suspended Glenn for the last few games of the season, when they were still in the playoff race. Fans here thought P. Carroll was a moron for doing that. Parcells would have just told Glenn to shut the h*ll up and do his job, like he did last year with Key.

One thing about Bill that is very different than most other coaches. There's no hidden agenda, no reading between the lines, no whimping out.

Players know he shoots straight but uses a friggin' AK-47 :)
:horse: :horse:

:laugh2:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
You could be right, if he is signed it's either going to be wonderous success or complete disaster. The thing TO has in common with guys like LT, Brian Cox and Key is his passion for the game and Bill will like that. The other things will have to be kept under control. We'll see.

Cowchips

Reaction score
If TO comes to Dallas, Bledsoe will put up a 5,000 yd season. The closest he ever had to TO and Glenn were Moulds and Price in Buffalo. He put of 4,300 yds with them and made everyone think Price was a #1 receiver because teams had to double cover Moulds. With Glenn and Witten as options, it would be quite an airshow!!

Of course, Buffalo's defense sucked that year, so they needed a airshow :D

31smackdown

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
If TO comes to Dallas, Bledsoe will put up a 5,000 yd season. The closest he ever had to TO and Glenn were Moulds and Price in Buffalo. He put of 4,300 yds with them and made everyone think Price was a #1 receiver because teams had to double cover Moulds. With Glenn and Witten as options, it would be quite an airshow!!

Of course, Buffalo's defense sucked that year, so they needed a airshow :D

Which is why it confuses me that no one wants Moulds to come here if he is released.

But back on topic..

The key thing that Parcells does, which BTW you also see Marvin Lewis doing with Chad Johnson... is give them other things to work on besides catching the ball. They also don't accept above average from these players, they critique everything they do to try to make the player better and make them work at something because getting open and catching is easy for these guys. You hear it from Parcells all the time.." He has some things he needs to work on.. he's know what they are" Players come to respect that even if they fight it at first because they know that it is making them a better player.

So if TO does come to Dallas I would expect to hear a lot of Parcells yelling at him for the little things.. something along the lines of this, everyday in practice...

"Hey Terrell.. are you a wide receiver or a matador with those tights on, you need to block that guy.. you just cost us a first down.. maybe more."

"What is this... dancing with the stars?.. you can't take 3 seconds to get an inside release.. the plays over already"

"Hey 81.. what was that last play we just called?... Don't know?... Hey team. what happens when players don't know the plays around here?.. Someone help this new guy out.."

"Owens aye?... It looks like right now you're owing me about 8lbs... sitting on you couch didn't make you any faster... now let's go"

Of course peppered in is.. Nice play.. that's the way... See, that's what I've been talking about... about time you got that right.. and other words of encouragement.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
im gonna simplify this for people who probrably never thought about this.

TO=SHAQ!

shaq was a problem when he had coaches who had'nt accomplished anything and he did'nt really respect them.

BUT........when he got a coach he respected "phil jackson" he became a champion.

Then traded to miami stan van gundy did not get shaqs respect but now pat riley is there and shaq is all of a sudden back in shape.

Now to TO.

he has never had a coach who demanded his respect.MARIUCHI?:laugh2:

and andy reid is a soft cupcake.Trust me people all owens needs is a coach who he respects/fears and he will be A OK.

sago1

Reaction score
Agree that TO, if he comes here & I don't want him here, will never have seen anything like Parcells. But I also think TO has established a pattern which at 32 can't be changed much. All those other players you cite that Parcells had success with were team players; TO only cares about himself & money he gets; if he becomes unhappy, he's not going to just sulk, he will go public and denegrate his QB, Parcells, Jones, some other players, etc & immediately cause media uproar which will start demoralizing the team.

What does Parcells do to him then? And frankly I would expect TO to test him out almost immediately; also expect TO to run to Jones to get any decision Parcells makes overturned, just like Deion. And Jones seeing TO's attitude will placate him and try reason with him--and the downward slope begins.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
If you guys hadn't noticed, rarely did BP ever get on Keys case for anything. Only when KEY would come to the sidelines b****ing about something. I think he'll be lenient with TO if he does come.

Cowchips

Reaction score
31smackdown said:
Which is why it confuses me that no one wants Moulds to come here if he is released.

Moulds was never a TO caliber receiver but certainly top 10 for a while. Unfortunately, I believe Moulds lost a step or 2 after his series of injuries in 2004. He would be good as a #2 or #3 but someone will pay him as if he was still a #1.