Tony Dorsett: The Home Run Threat!

leeblair

Reaction score
Dorsett ran different; his stride was smooth and fluid.
I've only known one other person who could run like Tony Dorsett, and it's nit something you're taught.
And when he hit the line he was full speed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Excellent post. :clap:

Answer: Everyone who did or did not follow the Dallas Cowboys at the time, lol.
Glad you and everyone else liked this thread, DE. Tony Dorsett, Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson were my childhood favorites.

PS: Could you add a space ( ) in between homerun in the title? My phone keeps on messing up, plus I failed to proofread for any mistakes before I created this thread. Sorry for the trouble.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Glad you and everyone else liked this thread, DE. Tony Dorsett, Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson were my childhood favorites.

PS: Could you add a space ( ) in between homerun in the title? My phone keeps on messing up, plus I failed to proofread for any mistakes before I created this thread. Sorry for the trouble.
When you post like that you can have all the spelling errors you want.

That gliding stride of his was truly something different. Just poetry in motion to a Cowboys fan.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Done.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will not demean Catch 22 by any means. He has the all time Cowboys and NFL record.

However Touchdown Tony was always my favorite Cowboys RB to watch. Guy just had a beautiful stride and speed to burn.

I have family in PA and anytime I would say Tony was great, they would always say, well you know he played at Pitt.
I would retort. I do not care where he played in college because he is Texas and playing with the Cowboys and not the steelers. That would shut them up lol.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I met Tony D. once at an autograph signing. This was during Emmitt Smith's maybe 2nd year in the league. My now "ex-husband" went up to the table and told him, "Emmitt who? He's got nothing on you!!" , and Tony just laughed. He was a very nice and down to earth kind of guy.