Tony FINALLY ran.... he should continue

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Tony FINALLY ran.... he should continue to do so.

Right now teams know where Tony is going to be... more or less in the pocket.

Here is an idea... instead of forcing an INT or a poor timing pass to a WR because its really not there or he just aint on that day...run for the yards when its there.

There are plenty of times when he has a lane and its safe. He needs to get back to it.

He is becoming a one dimensional QB. Pocket passing without much movement. Also when he moves in the pocket to keep the down alive he is susceptible to being careless with ball - and losing it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2298730 said:
so he can end up like Trent Green I'll pass,

Tony does a pretty good job of getting out of bounds or sliding to avoid those kind of hits.

I don't want him running all the time, certainly, but I would like to see him tuck it a few times and get the 5-10 yards that are there rather than waiting all day and forcing a throw or winding up getting a sacked trying to wait on something.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2298730 said:
so he can end up like Trent Green I'll pass,

Then enjoy watching another team go through the playoffs... because it wont be us.

Tony is not Troy Aikman.... Garrett will learn the hard way. Another playoffs watched on TV by team and coaching staff... and uh, Jerrah.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2298734 said:
Tony does a pretty good job of getting out of bounds or sliding to avoid those kind of hits.

I don't want him running all the time, certainly, but I would like to see him tuck it a few times and get the 5-10 yards that are there rather than waiting all day and forcing a throw or winding up getting a sacked trying to wait on something.

Exactly. Its ALWAYS spun that I want him running and getting hurt... when in fact its like what you posted.

good post.

Also... if they have to leave someone in to spy on Tony then its an advantage to TO and Witten. Right now they are not even thinking about Tony running.

Aven8

Reaction score
I agree! The whole Tom Brady in the pocket deal he worked on is great, but that's not Tony. He looked great when he was dodging players at the end of the game. Plus as you saw on the fox pregame show Strahan said that Tony is the BEST QB that he has ever seen throwing on the run. And, he has seen a lot in 16 yrs! Think about it...Elway, Steve Young, etc.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm interested in Romo making plays so if his targets are covered and he has an open lane fine. I'm not worried about Romo becoming 1 dimensional, he moves around in the pocket very nicely and can throw on the move and has hit many big plays in doing that. I clearly do not want to see Romo taking off like a scared rabbit and end up missing big plays down field but as I said if his targets are covered and a running lane presents itself then take it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aven8;2298740 said:
I agree! The whole Tom Brady in the pocket deal he worked on is great, but that's not Tony. He looked great when he was dodging players at the end of the game. Plus as you saw on the fox pregame show Strahan said that Tony is the BEST QB that he has ever seen throwing on the run. And, he has seen a lot in 16 yrs! Think about it...Elway, Steve Young, etc.

I like the fact that he implemented that into his game.... but he needs to mix old Tony into NEW Tom. :D

He is too predictable.

Aven8

Reaction score
YoMick;2298745 said:
I like the fact that he implemented that into his game.... but he needs to mix old Tony into NEW Tom. :D

He is too predictable.

I do also....but there is a difference......Brady is 6'5", Tony is 6'2".

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aven8;2298769 said:
I do also....but there is a difference......Brady is 6'5", Tony is 6'2".

That doesnt matter... wasnt Montana around the same height as Tony?

Also.... Brady had the advantage of Great protection via his O-line knowing what was coming. Yeah I said it!

lol

Its funny.... in SB he didnt have same protection... hmmmm....

thekavorka

Reaction score
Yeah, I loved when he ran yesterday to get the 1st down.

Especially on something like 3rd and 3 or 3rd and 4. If he sees a lane and no one's open, RUN!