"Tony Romo is balling. I can't believe I just said that"

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Might have to do with fans dislike of him lol. I don't have a problem with Deion. IMO, he's just the middle man. He's not nearly the hater Marshall Faulk is but nearly the fan that Michael Irvin is.

Oh..

when Dallas had to let him and his big contract go..

it was becuz his toe problems had caused him to be much less effective vs.anybody.

Deion didn't like that.

He didn't want to lose it.

He did.

Take it like a man, Deion.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
True on both accounts. He doesn't even mention Dez's name anymore when doing the highlights or he'll say 'Bryant' nonchalantly. Michael makes sure both him and that supreme hater Marshall Faulk know about it every time the Cowboys win.

That's why I have no understanding why "Cowboys fans" find The Playmaker annoying.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
That's why I have no understanding why "Cowboys fans" find The Playmaker annoying.

I don't mind the fact Irvin is a homer. Love when he rubs Faulks face in it. I do find his over the top approach annoying though. Especially when he's constantly calling Bryant his son. Would like a little more professionalism out of all of them. But that's probably asking a little too much from ex ball players with no real journalism back ground. So I take them all with a " grain of salt".

Givincer

Reaction score
If the tradeoff is having Irvin being ultra supportive and others openly disliking Dallas, or having everyone put on an "objective" front, I take people not hiding how they truly feel every time.

Not only is it more entertaining, it's more honest too.

foofighters

Reaction score
Deion was best athlete I have ever seen play game. Period. Now that is out of way....he likes to play devil advocate with Irvin. Deion was also one of several ex cowboy players who felt Romo was anointed before we won anything. There is some validity to that. So far this season and especially of late Romo is proving people wrong but we have ways to go. Let it play out.

I disagree completely. He was very talented as a returner and a shut down corner but what you have to remember is that DB's are WR's who can't catch the ball consistently. Deion was ahead of his time but if you put him against guys who play today, Deion wouldn't be near as a effective. He'd still be very very good.

Tobal

Reaction score
Sanders doesn't like anyone that takes the spot light off of him.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I don't mind the fact Irvin is a homer. Love when he rubs Faulks face in it. I do find his over the top approach annoying though. Especially when he's constantly calling Bryant his son. Would like a little more professionalism out of all of them. But that's probably asking a little too much from ex ball players with no real journalism back ground. So I take them all with a " grain of salt".

I find it annoying that "Joe Blows" get on message boards and decide how entertainers, sports figures, etc., should represent themselves. I'm sure all of them are perfect in their etiquette and everyone who encounters them thinks they are the model of excellence.

The Playmaker comes across to me as good spirit and he makes me smile. I can't say the same for most.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deion Sanders is an absolute tool sometimes.

Deion is a tool all of the time. He's a terrible human.

Luckily, I see players accomplishments on the field as something completely separate from their off-field personalities. I'm still a fan of what he did on the field. He had unique abilities that I've never seen in another player before or after him.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Romo gets all this hate because he's a Cowboy. I see Andrew Luck, Phillip Rivers throw 2 interceptions and nothing is said. Romo throws 1 and he's a choker. Some qbs will get that and other won't.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I disagree completely. He was very talented as a returner and a shut down corner but what you have to remember is that DB's are WR's who can't catch the ball consistently. Deion was ahead of his time but if you put him against guys who play today, Deion wouldn't be near as a effective.
Richard Sherman doesn't have a third of Deion's speed and is shutting down guys. Not only was Deion fast but he had great height and leaping ability. Furthermore, Rod Woodson, Aeneaus Williams, Dale Carter, and Darrell Green would all give receivers today serious fits.

Lastly, I have never seen a player more feared as a return man than Deion. Devin Hester who is touted as the best return man ever has 60 more punt returns than Deion.