Tony Romo=Kurt Warner

woolliee

Reaction score
I dont know if this is a good thing or not but they are very similar. Both turn the ball over way too much but can beat you at anytime time. Warner does have a SuperBowl win. I just see a lot of Warner in Romo.

goshan

Reaction score
They definitely have some similarities -- accuracy, quick release, streakiness, fumbles, turnovers, big numbers.

Romo is more mobile and elusive and a better improviser.

When Warner was healthy and had a clean pocket with the Rams, he was amazingly accurate.

Nobody is giving Warner enough credit for yesterday. He played a great 2nd half.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
goshan;2334042 said:
They definitely have some similarities -- accuracy, quick release, streakiness, fumbles, turnovers, big numbers.

Romo is more mobile and elusive and a better improviser.

When Warner was healthy and had a clean pocket with the Rams, he was amazingly accurate.

Nobody is giving Warner enough credit for yesterday. He played a great 2nd half.

And now both have had a broken pinkie finger courtesy of a player on each other's current teams. Let's hope Romo doesn't go into a 2 season stretch after that injury like Warner did in '03 and '04.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Warner is WAY past his prime and still on the same level as Romo...so yes they are similar in some ways but please do not compare the highly efficient Warner (when he was in his prime) to Tony. Maybe we will see it later this year or next...

Word Mofo

Reaction score
jcblanco22;2334127 said:
And now both have had a broken pinkie finger courtesy of a player on each other's current teams. Let's hope Romo doesn't go into a 2 season stretch after that injury like Warner did in '03 and '04.

I knew this was going to come up :laugh1:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Warner was a beast when he was running the greatest show on turf... damn time sure does fly...

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Warner was never that good in St. Louis--90+% of the throws he completed in St. Louis were the equivalent to hitting the ocean from a rowboat. He doesn't deserve props for "accuracy"...his accuracy is ordinary by NFL QB standards. There's a reason Trent Green and Marc Bulger (two late round picks with mediocre passing ability) were able to do the same thing with the same system/supporting cast. Heck, in 2000 Trent Green won the passing title and Warner finished 2nd...and they were both on the Rams.

At least Romo gives you the rare improvisational ability. His mechanics will always be pretty ugly, and he doesn't stand in against the rush nearly as well as Warner, but he's more talented.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
ive read and heard so many stupid comments regarding Romo today......

jcollins28

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2335802 said:
stupid comment.:(

dadymat;2335826 said:
ive read and heard so many stupid comments regarding Romo today......

Really ok He isn't like Pelluer. If Steve Pelluer and Kevin Sweeney had a love child together his name would be Tony Romo.

I'm betting the "true" meaning of this post is going to fly right over everyone's head.

StylisticS

Reaction score
goshan;2334042 said:
Well yeah, you would too if all you had to do was throw the ball to a receiver like Larry Fitzgerald to get you down the field. Many of his passes could have been intercepted.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Really ok He isn't like Pelluer. If Steve Pelluer and Kevin Sweeney had a love child together his name would be Tony Romo.

LMAO, great post and comparison. He gets the moxie part from Sweeney. :D

Brenda Warner

Benched
Reaction score
woolliee;2334031 said:
I dont know if this is a good thing or not but they are very similar. Both turn the ball over way too much but can beat you at anytime time. Warner does have a SuperBowl win. I just see a lot of Warner in Romo.

Here's three differences for you: (1) Super Bowl ring, (2) NFL MVP (twice), and (3) a hot, sexy wife with great hair. Jessica Simpson ain't got nothin' on me, baby.