News: Tony Romo's Dallas Cowboys continue to be mired in mediocrity

morasp

Reaction score
By Judy Battista
NFL Media reporter
Published: Nov. 11, 2013 at 08:14 p.m.
Updated: Nov. 12, 2013 at 02:08 a.m.
414 Likes | 122 Comments

You could have written the story of the Dallas Cowboys' season -- or, really, their recent history -- from just a brief glimpse at Tony Romo on Sunday night. Right before halftime against the New Orleans Saints, when an avalanche of points already had begun to engulf the Cowboys, when linebacker Sean Lee already was off the field and defensive end DeMarcus Ware was limping again, there sat Romo.

As he blankly stared at the Superdome floor, just after the Cowboys' defense had ceded another touchdown, you could imagine the quarterback doing the mental calculus for how such a fundamentally flawed team, puffed up by expectation and a comically middling division, possibly could stay with the best in the NFL.

And as with calculus, it's hard to find an answer. Romo almost certainly was thinking only in terms of that moment; Dallas has lost to all three opponents who currently lead their divisions -- the Chiefs, Lions and Saints -- as well as to the Broncos, so he has enough to worry about. But this is the Cowboys writ large, too.

link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...as-cowboys-continue-to-be-mired-in-mediocrity

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Tony Romo's Dallas Cowboys? Since when? I thought it was Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys.

As far as article goes, it's nothing more than stating obvious, most of the fans know that Cowboys have been mired by mediocrity for a very long time...how many different ways can media write about it though.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Tony Romo's Dallas Cowboys? Since when? I thought it was Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys.

As far as article goes, it's nothing more than stating obvious, most of the fans know that Cowboys have been mired by mediocrity for a very long time...how many different ways can media write about it though.

Unfortunately they will never stop writing about it so long as Jerry is in charge.