Tony Romo's Great season

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
So far this season in 8 Games he's thrown for 19 TD's vs 10 INT's

5 of those INT's as we know came in one game.

The only game in which he did not throw more than 1 TD, was against the Vikings in week 7.

He has completed less than 62% of his passes in only 2 of his 8 games. With his last two games, being 79.5%, and 80%.

In 8 games he has thrown for 2308 yards, with 5 games of 300+ yards, Breaking the single season record for any Dallas QB.

In 8 Games he has yet to Average less than 6 YPA. with 3 games averging over 10 YPA.

He has been sacked more than 1 in only 3 Games. While being sacked 0 times in 2 games.

Romo has had a rating over 100, in 6 of the 8 games. With his lowest being against Buffalo, and a 92 rating against Miami. His highest Rating game came just last week against Philly.

Romo has completed less than 15 of his passes only once this season. (Miami)

Romo is on pace to throw for 38 TD's, 20 INT's, and 4,616 Yards.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Too think he can get better at the coverage recognition is crazy to think about. He is still learning. I still have to laugh at Giant's fans (like my coworker) that insists he isn't better than Eli and that he is better than only maybe half the starters in the league.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
dmq;1753798 said:
Too think he can get better at the coverage recognition is crazy to think about. He is still learning. I still have to laugh at Giant's fans (like my coworker) that insists he isn't better than Eli and that he is better than only maybe half the starters in the league.

It's a pretty scary thought for the rest of the league.

Tony's just a young'n in terms of his on the field career. In terms of pro games he is just starting his second season when most QBs start to blossom.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
All those great numbers with just over one season of starting. He is green, in terms of game experience and he is still learning so I believe he'll be more productive as he gains more game experience, scary for opponents.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
I thought his dink and dunk game has really improved, it really is an adjustment that took him a couple of games, but those short ones can become long ones with our rbs..

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
BARRYRAY;1753839 said:
I thought his dink and dunk game has really improved, it really is an adjustment that took him a couple of games, but those short ones can become long ones with our rbs..

Yea i was glad he worked on that..

But he needs to work on his deep ball i know he has Arm Strength(not Brett Farve type but enough)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq;1753798 said:
Romo won't let good enough be good enough. He will always look to improve upon his 100+ QB ratings. Ouch for the rest of the league.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
94WARE94;1753842 said:
Yea i was glad he worked on that..

But he needs to work on his deep ball i know he has Arm Strength(not Brett Farve type but enough)

Honestly, I'm pretty sure he can throw deep. I just don't think he has found the need to, he is tearing it up without it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1753853 said:
Honestly, I'm pretty sure he can throw deep. I just don't think he has found the need to, he is tearing it up without it.

people get in love with the deep ball. frankly it is overrated. you get in love with that deep pass and you end up with more INTS. Sure, you get a few sexy 70 yard pass plays but the long bomb will always involve high risk.

gbrittain

Reaction score
abersonc;1753879 said:
people get in love with the deep ball. frankly it is overrated. you get in love with that deep pass and you end up with more INTS. Sure, you get a few sexy 70 yard pass plays but the long bomb will always involve high risk.

You think so?

I dont know if that is true or not. I have nothing to back it up, but it would appear to me that a short to medium passing game over the middle would be more risky than a long pass play.

Most long passes tend to be down the sideline. It does seam to me (What I remember off the top of my head) that not many of those get intercepted much less ran back for TDs.

When I see pass go over the middle I hold my breath thinking the route is going to get jumped or the ball will bounce off their hands into the hands of the other team.

When I see long pass I hold my breath hoping it is a TD. I would not call the long pass a high success rate type of play, but I would just think that the long pass (non hail mary type) would be intercepted less often than anything over the middle.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
dargonking999;1753743 said:
So far this season in 8 Games he's thrown for 19 TD's vs 10 INT's

5 of those INT's as we know came in one game.

The only game in which he did not throw more than 1 TD, was against the Vikings in week 7.

He has completed less than 62% of his passes in only 2 of his 8 games. With his last two games, being 79.5%, and 80%.

In 8 games he has thrown for 2308 yards, with 5 games of 300+ yards, Breaking the single season record for any Dallas QB.

In 8 Games he has yet to Average less than 6 YPA. with 3 games averging over 10 YPA.

He has been sacked more than 1 in only 3 Games. While being sacked 0 times in 2 games.

Romo has had a rating over 100, in 6 of the 8 games. With his lowest being against Buffalo, and a 92 rating against Miami. His highest Rating game came just last week against Philly.

Romo has completed less than 15 of his passes only once this season. (Miami)

Romo is on pace to throw for 38 TD's, 20 INT's, and 4,616 Yards.

4616, 38 tds, and 20 picks are nice numbers. Although the 20 interceptions is pretty high. I dont think he throws that many as his int stats are inflated because of his horrid game against Buffalo.

If he cuts down on the picks for the rest of the year, which I think he will, watch out league.

sago1

Reaction score
While I think projecting his TDs & passing stats at 38 and 4,616 is realistic, agree that projecting he's going to have another 5 INT day( like against the Bills) is unrealistic. More likely the INT number is closer to 16. But I would indeed like to see him cut down on his INTs in last half of the season so he ends up with less then 15.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's pretty cool that Romo's thrown 19 TDs in 8 games for the 2nd straight year

we got blown out by the Pats, and you would think that he was a part of that having not watched the game, but he was very good, too bad he wasn't able to get on the field much

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dargonking999;1753753 said:
haha sorry, forgot the word not. Stupid Brain :(

Every time I make a mistake, I blame it on BrainPaint too... BP is the Designated Scapegoat...

Undisputed

Reaction score
Romo actually has a realistic shot at a 4500 yard, 40 TD season. Now that'd be pretty awesome.