Too bad we didnt' get delhomme

thssanders

Reaction score
I think we tried getting him from the saints but the panthers were offering more. Our team would be set for many years if we had him... too bad.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
thssanders said:
I think we tried getting him from the saints but the panthers were offering more. Our team would be set for many years if we had him... too bad.

Too bad we didn't get Randy Moss... yawn.. .. I'm ready to move on With Bledsoe, Henson and the players we do have!

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I don't know guys. who is to say he would have exelled with in our program with the talent that we had at the time? I don't subscibe to that way of thinking. I'm just excited about OUR team right now, and like focusing on that.

Deane62

Reaction score
thssanders said:

According to the USA Today he's 30 while that's younger than Bledsoe I dont know that he counts as a long term solution if that age is right.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Deane62 said:
According to the USA Today he's 30 while that's younger than Bledsoe I dont know that he counts as a long term solution if that age is right.

Yep. He's only 3 years younger, but he's got a lot less football miles on him. He was a backup for most of his early career, only started getting playing time when he signed with the panthers.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
So what has he done to impress you? I've never seen him light up the board when they went to the SB it was more from running O and D than anything he did. I just don't see him as a franchise QB.

I wish we'd got Smith this year I think he will have a great career and will have a better one than Palmer, Carr, Harrington, and the kid at USC when all is said and done.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I have Mixed feelings on this, while he is a upgrade over Vinny and maybe Drew, he's certainly no Superstar, just an Average QB, helped by a good Running game and a great D. Not any more mobile then Our QB's, but his age did make him attractive. he seems more media darling then outstanding QB. :trophy: :iggles: :suxiggle: :disseags:

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
he is a great "bus driver " and we all know how parcells likes those.
suprising he didnt sign him but i think carolina offered more money.
oh well we didnt get him so its time for galloway and company to get over it.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
thssanders said:

Many years? he is over 30 right now

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Dude hindsight is 20/20, there are so many things we could have done differnt in the past what 7-10 years, whats the point in bringing htis out, we lost a bidding war for a bus driver QB, we already had a bus driving QB it just so happen he has some drug problems. How about we move on and make our teaam better in the future instead of wondering about the past.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Delhomme has moxie. He's a good QB. If he was little bigger and stronger he would be an awesome QB. He played a heck of a game in the SB once he settled down. Parcells obviously liked him and saw something in him as well.

I'll never forget the way he ripped us apart as the 3rd string QB for the Saints. I've always liked him, even though, I don't think he's a franchise guy.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'm really curious as to what'll happen if both Henson and Romo totally stink it up in preseason. Hell, if even just one of them doesn't perform to expectations, we'll need a viable third QB.

I've seen people predicting the "Squatting Champion" Vinny will be brought back, but I think that's the absolute last thing we'll see happen.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
I'm really curious as to what'll happen if both Henson and Romo totally stink it up in preseason. Hell, if even just one of them doesn't perform to expectations, we'll need a viable third QB.

I've seen people predicting the "Squatting Champion" Vinny will be brought back, but I think that's the absolute last thing we'll see happen.

vinny seems like a viable option to back up bledsoe. he's familiar with the team, coach, system... and vice versa. and he's actually logged significant time behind center. we can't say that about romo or henson now, can we?

i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see this occur. disappointed maybe... but not surprised.

it's on the kids to perform up to a confidence-instilling level.