Too Much Time on my Hands

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
What if the next six weeks played out like this?

NYG: Bal W..@Ari W..@Was L..Phi..L..@Dal L..Car W..@Min ?
DAL: @Was W..SF W..Sea W..@Pit W..NYG W..Bal W..@Phi ?
WAS: Dal L..@Sea W..NYG W..@Bal W..@Cin W..Phi L..@SF ?
PHI: @Cin W..@Bal W..Ari W..@NYG W..Cle W..@Was W..Dal ?

and heading into week 17, the standings looked like this?

............W-L.....DIV......CON
DAL......11-4.....3-2......7-4
NYG......11-4.....3-3......8-3
PHI.......11-4.....2-3......7-4
WAS.....10-5.....3-3......7-4
This would be the most exciting division finish in history. All four teams could still win the division or miss the playoffs at 11-5.

But here's the question. Considering where the Cowboys are now, would you take this? A chance to win the East with a win in Philly or perhaps miss the playoffs with a loss at 11-5.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
That's a wild scenario. Given what has happened with this team this year I would take 11-4 going into the last week in a heartbeat. My feeling is we'll be 9-7 or 10-6 at best.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Any scenario that has the Cowboys winning their next five has to be good. However, this shows just how difficult it will be for the boys to make the playoffs because in that scenario the Commanders would be playing the 49ers and the Giants would be playing the Vikings. Wins by either of those NFCE teams would give them the edge in standings due to conference record.

Edit: of course it's unlikely that the other NFCE teams would all finish with such good records.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I dont think the Eagles have a chance to win 5 straight. They are too inconsistent, just like us.

They will lose against the Cardinals, Dallas, Giants and could also lose to Washington.

The Giants will run away with the division crown and it will be a close race between the Skins' and us for 2nd place. This game tomorrow night is ABSOLUTELY huge, as we all know.

demirji22

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2419377 said:
What if the next six weeks played out like this?

NYG: Bal W..@Ari W..@Was L..Phi..L..@Dal L..Car W..@Min ?
DAL: @Was W..SF W..Sea W..@Pit W..NYG W..Bal W..@Phi ?
WAS: Dal L..@Sea W..NYG W..@Bal L..@Cin W..Phi W..@SF ?
PHI: @Cin W..@Bal W..Ari W..@NYG W..Cle W..@Was W..Dal ?

and heading into week 17, the standings looked like this?

............W-L.....DIV......CON
DAL......11-4.....3-2......7-4
WAS.....11-4.....4-2......8-3
NYG......11-4.....3-3......8-3
PHI.......11-4.....2-3......7-4

This would be the most exciting division finish in history. All four teams could still win the division at 12-4 or miss the playoffs at 11-5.

But here's the question. Considering where the Cowboys are now, would you take this? A chance to win the East with a win in Philly or perhaps miss the playoffs with a loss at 11-5.

IN this scenario I think you have Phi beating Wash and Wash beating Pil in the same game.
This would change the standings a little bit.
But nice job putting this together.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2419384 said:
Any scenario that has the Cowboys winning their next five has to be good. However, this shows just how difficult it will be for the boys to make the playoffs because in that scenario the Commanders would be playing the 49ers and the Giants would be playing the Vikings. Wins by either of those NFCE teams would give them the edge in standings due to conference record.

Edit: of course it's unlikely that the other NFCE teams would all finish with such good records.

FIXED IT. I HAD GIVEN BOTH THE SKINS AND EAGLES A WEEK 15 WIN.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
ajk23az;2419401 said:
I dont think the Eagles have a chance to win 5 straight. They are too inconsistent, just like us.

They will lose against the Cardinals, Dallas, Giants and could also lose to Washington.

The Giants will run away with the division crown and it will be a close race between the Skins' and us for 2nd place. This game tomorrow night is ABSOLUTELY huge, as we all know.

:hammer:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;2419401 said:

The Giants will run away with the division crow
n and it will be a close race between the Skins' and us for 2nd place. This game tomorrow night is ABSOLUTELY huge, as we all know.

The whole 6 week scenario is unlikely. What's interesting is that the next 3 weeks isn't a stretch. Dal, Was and Phi could all easily be 8-4 behind a 10-2 NYG.

I don't agree with your take on the NYG for two reasons.

1) They're not as good as the 8-1 would suggest.
2) They don't have one gimme game. It's a tough 7 week stretch. A loss to any one of their remaining 7 opponents would not surprise me. If had to bet, I'd guess 5-2, but 4-3 looks reasonable to me.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
The NFC East is certainly the strongest division, but Philly looks to weak to win against the Giants, Skins, or your Boys. Interesting also that you have Philly beat the Skins, but the Skins beat the Giants.
Tomorrow's game is huge for both the Skins and Boys. Plus the NFC South could have a lot of setbacks tomorrow, so a loss by the Skins would bring on a huge battle over the next 4 weeks for the WC. (Here's hoping the Ravens knock off the Giants)

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
ajk23az;2419401 said:

I think the Giants are getting ready to have some BAD weeks. The Ravens could certainly beat them, you all will beat them on the next one. And the Skins may as well. That would be 4 losses right there

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
SkinsFan28;2419521 said:
I think the Giants are getting ready to have some BAD weeks. The Ravens could certainly beat them, you all will beat them on the next one. And the Skins may as well. That would be 4 losses right there

I can see another Cleveland game jumping up and biting the Giants and you never know with Eli there could be a couple of 3 or 4 pick performances which could make things interesting.

As for the rest of the East we are all flawed. I don't think the Eagles have enough weapons to win out consistently, the Boys confused defense aided by one of the worst special teams in the league will have problems, and if Portis and Betts are hampered by injuries the skins offense will have problems scoring. Given those flaws in the East, we should all keep an eye on the South they may sneak in a wild card team ahead of one of us.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
The South could sneak in but they have to beat each other up to. I easily see two 10-6 teams not making the playoffs. (I of course am hoping the Skins are not one of the odd teams out)

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
SkinsFan28;2419571 said:
The South could sneak in but they have to beat each other up to. I easily see two 10-6 teams not making the playoffs. (I of course am hoping the Skins are not one of the odd teams out)

Yeah you're probably right and I'm hoping the Saints are just good enough to wreck one or two of the other South division team's season.

Oh and forgot this welcome thingy earlier

:welcome: