Top-3 reasons to NOT fear the Giants' D (especially their pass rush)

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Below are some tidbits I put together from various articles posted on the board from published sources. Put these three items below all together and you will see that the Giants' team success, which is largely attributed to their defense, has more to do with the poor-quality opponents that they have faced, than their defense itself. Also, I'm not addressing their offense in this thread because I can give you 2 major reasons why it shouldn't scare anyone: (1) Eli (2) Manning; enough said!

So without further ado, here are the top-3 reasons to NOT fear the Giants' D (especially their pass rush):

(1) While the Giants lead the league with 30 sacks, do you realize 18 of those sacks (about 60% of them) came in two games - 12 against Philly and six more against San Francisco? That means they've got 12 sacks in the other six games, which would seem a rather normal amount.

(2) Osi Umenyiora has eight sacks this season, but six of them came against Eagles’ scrub Winston Justice. So while hte Ginats like to think thay have a 4-headed DE-monster, at least one of those heads is a deadhead.

(3) The Giants have allowed an average of 13.2 points during their six-game winning streak. Of those six opponents, only Philly (9th) had a top-10 offense. The rest - Washington (20th), the New York Jets (28th) Atlanta (27th), San Francisco (32nd) and Miami (18th) - reside in the bottom half or the cellar.

Yeah, Im scared of the Giants' D! :rolleyes:

ric

Reaction score
I Agree, but the Giants haven't faced Minny yet which makes it worse since they faced Miami instead.

:laugh1:

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Yes, but on any given Sunday.............

I think if the Cowboys can jump out to an early lead, and build on it before the half, it will be similar to the Eagles game. Otherwise, it might be a slugfest. In that case, I have to go with Tony and his moxie.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
And this begs the question

what offense have we played?

The Vikings? Miami? Rams? Bills? Bears?(with Grossman)

We played two great offense and gave up 35, and 48 respectivly.

While it's fun to talk down on the giants, let's not forget who we've played

Injuries or not, we still have to prove ourselves capable of shutting down top offenses. and its starts tommrow

Q_the_man

Reaction score
dargonking999;1755371 said:

Injuries or not, we still have to prove ourselves capable of shutting down top offenses. and its starts tommrow
:hammer:

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Don't forget that the one good offense they played was missing their most important player (Westbrook).

That's true, but all the stories have been about how the Giants defense has resurged since that game. Nobody mentions that we're not exactly giving up 35 points a game anymore either.

The thing is, if our defense + special teams plays just as well as New York's, we should win this game. Our offense has been much better than theirs this year.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score

nice post.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score

Well, I guess we just beat the MIGHTY Ginats offense. :rolleyes:

Next time, please spare the thread from silly replies that have nothing to do with the subject matter.

Really!

The point all along was that hte Giants' so-called superb defense was really subpar. And Dallas just exposed it. I never once doubted that would happen.