Top QBs through First 3 Weeks

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This is NOT intended as a Dak thread. I’m not interested in wins and losses or blame. I’m also not interested in Dak stats to prop him up.

Just the facts as anyone can observe them. The top performing QBs so far this year are all explaining their success, or having the media point it out, as improvement in their run game. Who knows if these QBs will continue to lean on their run games, but Josh Allen is playing his best football with a better run game that doesn’t rely on him this year. Jalen Hurts can attribute both of their wins and their 1 loss on the RB. The best performing rookie RB so far is in Washington where they are running wild. Herbert in SD lost his best WR but is profiting from a better and more committed run game.

Even if the Cowboys get their defense sorted out, and even if our new OL gels as the season wears on, I have little hope in this season’s playoffs or any success if we get there. Jerry was wrong to think the offense could succeed with wr by committee or one star WR and a bunch of guys, and he’s fatally wrong in thinking he can have a run game without a true NFL starter at the position. What little success we may have running the ball as the OL improves, it still will not threaten any defense or make the play-action game work well because there is zero big play threat at the position. Teams do not fear our RBs popping free into the secondary or catching an open swing pass or screen…..because none of them are going to run away from most LBs, much less a DB. Pollard had his flaws, but at least defenses had to respect his ability to make a huge play.

No big play threat, and no consistent 4-5 yards grind them into dust; that spells 1-dimensional offense where defenses can sim0ly play the pass and catch the runs as they come. That’s no way to build a team that has a chance to get to and succeed in the playoffs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
And Aaron Rodgers can turn around and hand off to either Breece Hall or Braelon Allen . And they are 2-1 for the first time in seems like forever . And at home against Denver this week the not one dimensional Jets should go 3-1 .

That’s what so puzzling about the personnel decision making in Dallas . You knew # 4 was up to be resigned ( I would not have ) but you saddle the offense with this run game from the bottom of the league .

:facepalm: