Total number of picks

Reaction score
I know we don't have a 5th round pick, (To Oakland for OG Holland). Does anyone know if we have any complementary picks? I want to do a mock draft, but I'm not sure exactly how many total picks we have.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think we have our

1rst
2nd
3rd
4th
6th
7th

and will probably get a 7th rd comp pick

The Realist

Reaction score
We STILL do not have any comp picks per Adam.

You get them when you lose more than you sign.

We signed Brookings, Igor, Sensabaugh.

We have picks 1-7 minus a 5 which went to Denver for Holland.

Please sticky this.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
The Realist;3164182 said:
We STILL do not have any comp picks per Adam.

You get them when you lose more than you sign.

We signed Brookings, Igor, Sensabaugh.

We have picks 1-7 minus a 5 which went to Denver for Holland.

Please sticky this.

I was under the impression that if you lost as many as you gained, but lost more in value ($$$), you're awarded a 7th after all the teams who lost more than they gained.

AdamJT13 wrote this last year

"It is possible for a team to get a compensatory pick even if it doesn’t suffer a net loss of qualifying free agents. That type of comp pick comes at the end of the seventh round, after the normal comp picks and before the non-compensatory picks that are added if fewer than 32 comp picks are awarded. There have been 13 of these “net value” type of comp picks awarded, and in each case, the combined value of the free agents lost was significantly higher than the combined value of the free agents added. In all 13 cases, those teams lost the same number of qualifying free agents as they signed. No team has been awarded a comp pick after signing more qualifying free agents than it lost, no matter how significant the difference in combined value. This year, I’m projecting that Detroit and Arizona will receive a net-value comp picks. Detroit lost three qualifying players (Damien Woody, Boss Bailey and T.J. Duckett) and signed three qualifying players (Brian Kelly, Michael Gaines and Chuck Darby). Arizona lost three (Calvin Pace, Bryant Johnson and Keydrick Vincent) and signed three (Travis LaBoy, Clark Haggans and Bryan Robinson). The combined values of the players Detroit and Arizona lost each exceeded 50 percent more than the combined values of the players they signed. "

But maybe Canty's contract isn't enough to warrant a 7th though

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

The Realist

Reaction score
No, you said we are probably getting a 7th.

We aren't.

I understand that, do you?