Trade Back Mock + Rest of Offseason

tm1119

Reaction score
Restructure- Lawrence(extend another year lowering cap hit) and Diggs

Restructure- Lawrence(extend another year lowering cap hit) and Diggs

Resign- Rico Dowdle

FA Additions- Benito Jones(DT), D’Onta Foreman(RB), Carl Lawson(DE)

In this make believe scenario the Giants trade up to take Micheal Penix or Bo Nix to make up for their Daniel Jones mistake and get a QB on a 5 year deal. Cowboys get 39 and 70 for 24 and 234

39- Kingsley Suamataia OG/OT BYU
56- Jaylen Wright RB Tenn
70- Malik Washington WR Virginia
87- Hunter Nourzad OC Penn St
173- Curtis Jacobs LB Penn St
216- Eyabi Oki-Anamo DE Charlotte
245- Michael Hiers QB Samford

Projected Starters-

(Skill Positions)
Dak
Wright/Foreman
Lamb/Cooks/Washington
Ferguson/Schoonmaker

(OL)
Tyler Smith
Suamataia
Nourzad
Martin
Steele

(DL)
Lawson/Williams
Mazi/Jones
Osa
Lawrence

(LB)
Parsons
Kendricks
Clark/Overshown

(DB)
Diggs
Bland
Lewis
Wilson
Hooker

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Spotrac.com shows Benito Jones was signed by the Dolphins. I like the rest of the draft except for Curtis Jacobs. He has no awareness and if he makes a good play it is usually because he guessed right. I like his athleticism but that's about it. I don't even now who Michael Hiers is, I'll have to look into that.

tm1119

Reaction score
Spotrac.com shows Benito Jones was signed by the Dolphins. I like the rest of the draft except for Curtis Jacobs. He has no awareness and if he makes a good play it is usually because he guessed right. I like his athleticism but that's about it. I don't even now who Michael Hiers is, I'll have to look into that.
Didn’t realize Jones signed, thanks. I would also be content with either Teair Tart or Sebastian Day at DT.

And I’m not gonna argue about what you’re saying about Jacobs, but when you are talking about that late of a 5th rounder I’m happy to take the guy that has the prerequisite size and athletic ability and hope you can coach him.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
Michael Hiers actually looks promising. If you draft him in the 7th and let him learn on the practice squad for a year he could be QB3 when Cooper Rush moves on.
Pros
Amazing Pocket Presents
Super Quick short arm motion release
Really good touch on short and Intermediate passes
His deep ball has a tone of arc to it, reminds me of Russell Wilsons deep ball
When rolling out he loses a little velocity on the ball but the placement of the pass is usually stellar.

Cons
Not Ideal size
Just average speed
Arm strength is average
Doesn't go through progressions, he just stares to where he is going to throw the whole play. That is probably how his team had him run that offence but he won't be able to do that in the NFL.

Overall I think he could turn into a Cooper Rush if he is cerebral enough to learn a more multiple offence and learn the nuances of passing progressions.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m not opposed to the idea of trading back but I feel like the way the class is lining up a top talent will fall…in which case make the pick.

tm1119

Reaction score
Michael Hiers actually looks promising. If you draft him in the 7th and let him learn on the practice squad for a year he could be QB3 when Cooper Rush moves on.
Pros
Amazing Pocket Presents
Super Quick short arm motion release
Really good touch on short and Intermediate passes
His deep ball has a tone of arc to it, reminds me of Russell Wilsons deep ball
When rolling out he loses a little velocity on the ball but the placement of the pass is usually stellar.

Cons
Not Ideal size
Just average speed
Arm strength is average
Doesn't go through progressions, he just stares to where he is going to throw the whole play. That is probably how his team had him run that offence but he won't be able to do that in the NFL.

Overall I think he could turn into a Cooper Rush if he is cerebral enough to learn a more multiple offence and learn the nuances of passing progressions.
Yeah I was looking at some late round QB’s and Hiers’ arm stood out to me. He’s got a “quick flick of the wrist” type release and the ball really jumps out of his hand. Not ideal size, but he’s not tiny and looks to be a decent athlete. I was thinking Gardner Minshew type…best case scenario obviously, saying he’s a long shot is probably an understatement

tm1119

Reaction score
I’m not opposed to the idea of trading back but I feel like the way the class is lining up a top talent will fall…in which case make the pick.
Obviously it’s completely subjective and not going to pretend that my opinion matters, but I’m at about 17 guys worth a 1st round pick. Maybe 1 falls, but it’s tough to see.

Most likely won’t agree, but I’d rather trade back for the extra 3rd than draft any of Mims/Guyton/Powers-Johnson at 24.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Obviously it’s completely subjective and not going to pretend that my opinion matters, but I’m at about 17 guys worth a 1st round pick. Maybe 1 falls, but it’s tough to see.

Most likely won’t agree, but I’d rather trade back for the extra 3rd than draft any of Mims/Guyton/Powers-Johnson at 24.
Man I see a good 20+ first round dudes. Great options that fit needs.

tm1119

Reaction score
Man I see a good 20+ first round dudes. Great options that fit needs.
QB- Williams and Daniels
WR- Harrison Jr, Nabers, Odunze
TE- Bowers
OL- Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham
DE- Verse, Robinson, Turner, Latu
DT- Murphy
CB- Mitchell and Arnold

That’s 18 for me and I don’t really see anyone else as a standout from the next tier of guys.

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
QB- Williams and Daniels
TE- Bowers
DT- Murphy
CB- Mitchell and Arnold

That’s 18 for me and I don’t really see anyone else as a standout from the next tier of guys.
I love that you think Drake Maye isn't a 1st round guy. I think Penix is better than him and he isn't even a 1st rounder.
Only one I would disagree with is Robinson. If it where me I would swap Robinson out with WR Thomas Jr.
Pretty good list.

Flamma

Reaction score
QB- Williams and Daniels
TE- Bowers
DT- Murphy
CB- Mitchell and Arnold

In other drafts I'd say one of those guys are falling to us. But in this draft, there seems to be a clear defining line between them and the rest. Even if 5 or 6 QBs are taken in the 1st, I still don't see any of them falling to us except for maybe Robinson. And we're not taking a DE.

Dallas can't afford to swing and miss with an OL at 24.

morasp

Reaction score
Don't know much about the guy from BYU but the center would be an upgrade to BIadasz.
Wright is the top healthy RB in the draft with some big play potential and I think they could fix his fumbling issues
I like that you took a WR, Washington would be an upgrade to Tolbert and Gallup.

cnuball21

Reaction score
QB- Williams and Daniels
TE- Bowers
DT- Murphy
CB- Mitchell and Arnold

I think you forgot about Maye. Id
add BTJ, Franklin, AD, Mims, Wiggins and Newton.

tm1119

Reaction score
In other drafts I'd say one of those guys are falling to us. But in this draft, there seems to be a clear defining line between them and the rest. Even if 5 or 6 QBs are taken in the 1st, I still don't see any of them falling to us except for maybe Robinson. And we're not taking a DE.

Dallas can't afford to swing and miss with an OL at 24.
Why? Not only is our current roster lacking DE’s, but pass rusher is a premium position that you shouldn’t ever really pass on if the right prospect is there.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why? Not only is our current roster lacking DE’s, but pass rusher is a premium position that you shouldn’t ever really pass on if the right prospect is there.
This is what I mean. I think their eyes are on OL/WR/RB in the first two days. If a player at another position falls far enough to outweigh who they were going to pick, sure, they'll take them instead. I just don't think Robinson would deter them.