trade for porter or lelie??

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
since we are in need of wr depth and tuna openly said trades are in the works, do we trade for a vet like jerry porter or ashley lelie? i say we dont because we need to develop youth for that position in the future. hurd and rector.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
since we are in need of wr depth and tuna openly said trades are in the works, do we trade for a vet like jerry porter or ashley lelie? i say we dont because we need to develop youth for that position in the future. hurd and rector.

I say we don't because both are ego driven headcases who think they are better than they are. And they bring little else to the table as they don't play special teams, so they couldn't provide depth.

joseephuss

Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:

Well, Porter and Lelie are considered "youth" as well. I don't see Dallas trading for either. Lelie hasn't really done much, but from some reports sounds like a whiner. I would rather bring back Antonio Bryant over these two and I am not for bringing him back.

joseephuss

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Neither one of these guys would be happy in Dallas as the #3 WR.

Exactly. Neither is happy currently being the #2 guy on their respective teams.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
We need depth not starters. Im thinking more along the lines of Bobby Engram or Ronad Curry.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I wouldn't touch Lelie and like someone said both want to be the man not the 3rd wr or maybe 4th in our case.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
TheKey said:
We need depth not starters. Im thinking more along the lines of Bobby Engram or Ronad Curry.
see, that's what is weird to me..

here is our WRs:
1. Terrell Owens- elite, perfect #1 guy
2. Terry Glenn- very good, perfect #2 guy
3. Patrick Crayton- has proven that he is a good #3, and has showed again in training camp that he can do it, perfect #3 guy
5. Skyler Green- he makes the team because of his PR/KR skills. not much as a WR apparently, but a #5 WR in this offense won't ever really be needed.

so I have to assume that we are looking for a #4 guy.. with everything we have read, I don't know why Sam Hurd can't be that guy.. or Rector..

oh well, Parcells knows what he is doing.. and it will be a whole lot of fun to talk about if it does happen..

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
see, that's what is weird to me..

here is our WRs:
1. Terrell Owens- elite, perfect #1 guy
2. Terry Glenn- very good, perfect #2 guy
3. Patrick Crayton- has proven that he is a good #3, and has showed again in training camp that he can do it, perfect #3 guy
5. Skyler Green- he makes the team because of his PR/KR skills. not much as a WR apparently, but a #5 WR in this offense won't ever really be needed.

so I have to assume that we are looking for a #4 guy.. with everything we have read, I don't know why Sam Hurd can't be that guy.. or Rector..

oh well, Parcells knows what he is doing.. and it will be a whole lot of fun to talk about if it does happen..
yeah but both #1 and #2 are a little dinged up....just in case glenn or owens gets hurt during the season we are in trouble... thats why we need another proven vet at wr

Kangaroo

Reaction score
TheKey said:

I thought Curry was the better wr over porter before he got hurt but that is me

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
cowboys#1 said:
yeah but both #1 and #2 are a little dinged up....just in case glenn or owens gets hurt during the season we are in trouble... thats why we need another proven vet at wr
I dunno.. If Glenn or Owens get hurt, then you have Glenn/Owens and Crayton as your starters.. no team really has a stud third and fourth reciever.. I mean, I would love it.. but I dont see it as a necessity.. and I dont think we will get a "stud" in a trade.. and if we don't get one, I'm more than happy with Crayton being our #3 and Hurd our #4..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
I thought Curry was the better wr over porter before he got hurt but that is me

Curry is a pretty versitial guy. He can catch, run reverses and throw the ball. He's also got good size so I too like him. Not certain where he's at with the injury but he would be a nice player to have.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Curry is a pretty versitial guy. He can catch, run reverses and throw the ball. He's also got good size so I too like him. Not certain where he's at with the injury but he would be a nice player to have.

His 1st year he played in liek 1 game (he was changing poistions) the 2nd year he only caught 5 catches 31 yards his 3rd year he realy was getting it 50 679 6tds then bam 2 cathes 12 yards injured out for the year

He was starting to develop into a nice 2nd WR before the injury not sure where he is either on that front

Angus

Reaction score
Since the talk of trade is about "our excess" for "their excess," it is unlikely to involve first line players.