trade our 1st next year for Denver 22nd this year

trade our 18th this year for Ind 1st and 2nd

We have

22nd-Carpender-OLB
30th-Ko Simpson-FS
49th-Jonathan Scott-OT
62th-Rodrique Wright-DT
80th-Abdul Hodge-ILB
Rod Wright is a 4-3 LB, and Hodge is 6foot 236 LB. Too small. You would probably have to give a 3 or 4 with that 1st rounder to get Denvers 1st. Other than that, it looks good.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Defensive Tackles are drafted at a premium, and that premium is often a full round above their rated position. That Rod Wright would fall to the end of the second isn't entirely believable.

David.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
great idea, but maybe use 49 on FS instead of 30 because with 30 we could address OT/DT/OLB or somn (then again you gotta ask what DT and OT are worth it there). but the idea of the trade is awesome.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of trading a first next year for such a low pick.

I hate going into the draft with no first round pick. It's different if you trade out of the first round for more picks.....

Just me talking.....

Pokes28

Reaction score
Yeah, don't mortgage the future unless there is simply too good an offer to pass up. I'm more in favor of having multiple firsts in the future.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Rod Wright is a big DT/NT who is pretty good.
I don't doubt his talent, but he's 6'5 305. If he can gain 20 pds or so, he would be perfect for a 3-4 NT.

This NT position has to have 320 330 or more pd guys. That's just how it is. Ferguson was asked to lose like 15 or 20 pds, and he was pushed around playing at 308 pds. His strength and weight will allow him to occupy 2 offensive linemen.

fortdick

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I don't like the idea of trading a first next year for such a low pick.

I hate going into the draft with no first round pick. It's different if you trade out of the first round for more picks.....

Just me talking.....

Why would Denver give us a #22 this year for what will be a #28-32 next year. They know we have greatly improved and will be no where near a #22 nexr year.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dannyboy said:
trade our 1st next year for Denver 22nd this year

we'd have to give up more than just next years #1 to get their #22 this yr

next yrs picks are usually valued as a about full rd less than what they are this yr

David