Video: Training Camp Live: Final Practice

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still not impressed with Johnson.
I know he is a board fan favorite as where Brown is not. But Brown just looks better overall. Johnson had a catch, and they said Burton made a nee play to knock the ball away. However Johnson allowed him to knock it away. He did not secure the ball. Actually after he caught in, he did not tuck it away, he extended it just enough and allowed Burton to knock it out of his hands.

It is a mental thing, but seen it last year, and now this year. PS for him, at best.

Brown had a few knocked away, but also made some nice catches on contested balls. But those were good coverage, but questionable if PI could have been called.

Cedric Wilson still looking good, consistent, impressing the coaches, media, fans. He has solidified the 4th WR spot IMO. Just stay healthy.
No mention of Smith or Bryant. Seems Parker is getting more chances than Smith. Unless they just want to see what Parker has, as they know what Smith has. Bryant still our with that knee injury I guess. I have not heard anything other than the MRI was negative to a tear.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
These guys are supposed to be winding down but you'd never suspect it, from the looks of the intensity by how they're competing 'tll the end. Of course, with a new staff large and in charge in camp, everyone wants to make the best impressions possible. This training camp has been one of the most competitive, I think, in many years of following these Cowboys teams. Hopefully, it will pay off when the action actually counts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I gotta say. Training camp has not been nearly as fun from a fan perspective, without the live tweeting from reporters about what’s going on during practices.

but if it leads to a more competitive team. It’s a small price to pay.

817Gill

Reaction score
Still not impressed with Johnson.
I know he is a board fan favorite as where Brown is not. But Brown just looks better overall. Johnson had a catch, and they said Burton made a nee play to knock the ball away. However Johnson allowed him to knock it away. He did not secure the ball. Actually after he caught in, he did not tuck it away, he extended it just enough and allowed Burton to knock it out of his hands.

It is a mental thing, but seen it last year, and now this year. PS for him, at best.

Brown had a few knocked away, but also made some nice catches on contested balls. But those were good coverage, but questionable if PI could have been called.

Cedric Wilson still looking good, consistent, impressing the coaches, media, fans. He has solidified the 4th WR spot IMO. Just stay healthy.
No mention of Smith or Bryant. Seems Parker is getting more chances than Smith. Unless they just want to see what Parker has, as they know what Smith has. Bryant still our with that knee injury I guess. I have not heard anything other than the MRI was negative to a tear.
Bryant was diagnosed with a PCL strain. No timetable given but that’s not usually too bad of an injury, kinda in no mans land in regards to if it’s significant enough to IR stash or if he can play in a few weeks. We’ll see.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryant was diagnosed with a PCL strain. No timetable given but that’s not usually too bad of an injury, kinda in no mans land in regards to if it’s significant enough to IR stash or if he can play in a few weeks. We’ll see.

I seen something that he probably will not see the practice field in time for the cut down to see how he is.
So has he done enough already to make it matter. And will that make them keep 6WR’s if so, at least until he is better.

I still think they keep 6, but he can easily be moved to the PS and be kept. If they lose him, he can be replaced. More so than fans want to think.

817Gill

Reaction score
I seen something that he probably will not see the practice field in time for the cut down to see how he is.
So has he done enough already to make it matter. And will that make them keep 6WR’s if so, at least until he is better.

I still think they keep 6, but he can easily be moved to the PS and be kept. If they lose him, he can be replaced. More so than fans want to think.
Agreed