Filed under:
— Will Parchman @ 10:10 pm
239394.jpg

239395.jpg

239396.jpg

239398.jpg

Credit The Ranch Report for the pictures

Some notes from camp:

-In order to prepare Bledsoe and perhaps cure his ‘happy feet,’ Zimmer has been calling plenty of blitzes on the veteran signal caller to see how he responds… the kicker is that he’s not telling the offense when they’re coming.

-Terence Newman is trying to reclaim his spot as the top dog of the defensive backfield. He has made some impressive interceptions and has been looking as speedy and in-shape as ever.

-Torrin Tucker has been lagging behind. My contact, who has been there all weekend, told me that Tucker was failing on his blocking assignments all day and had trouble physically keeping up. If this continues, expect Pettiti to start getting some snaps at RT instead of just as an exclusive LT.

-Justin Beriault has apparently been brushing up on his coverage skills. He has had some solid knockdowns and has been putting himself in solid position for interceptions, even if he doesn’t catch all of them. While Scott has been lining up as the #1 FS in most of the drills, it seems Beriault is doing all he physically can to impress the coaches.

Spears and Ware only did conditioning drills this morning, and therefore didn’t get any snaps in on defense. We should hear some more out of them tomorrow when they rejoin the 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills.

http://cowboys.mostvaluablenetwork.com/

TheHustler

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
-Terence Newman is trying to reclaim his spot as the top dog of the defensive backfield. He has made some impressive interceptions and has been looking as speedy and in-shape as ever.

Thanks for the post. Newman seems primed for a big year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
lets have another 10 pg discussion on Hensons ball position :)

TheHustler

Reaction score
da_boyz_mk said:
i get the feeling tucker is as good as gone

I'd rather have Rogers win that spot anyway. He's my underdog to be our starting RT game 1.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
I like what I'm hearing out of Justin Beriault. It's cool to see the low draft picks do things no one expect. I hope that he has a hell of a camp and get's a chance to start.

I guess i'm just tired of the same old faces there that's all.

Jubei

Reaction score
If Beriault comes through and plays, all I can say is wow at our draft.