News: Trappings of legend

CCBoy

Reaction score
Trappings of legend
Exclusive look inside Jerry Jones’ office is a journey through Cowboys’ history
http://interactives.***BANNED-URL**...ce/?f=r&_ga=1.267073486.1375083286.1462397131

Jerry Jones rubs his hands together and smiles the way people do when they relish what comes next. Where to start? The Cowboys owner doesn’t live in the past, but he loves to visit from time to time to share his stories. The desk is the first thing to catch his eye as he looks around his office.

This is the desk where Tex Schramm sat and made decisions before some upstart from Arkansas took over. The same goes for the tan couch and granite coffee table on the opposite side of the room where some of the most significant negotiations in franchise history have taken place.

All of the furniture that was in this Valley Ranch office the day Jones purchased the club 27 years ago remains. It’s his tribute to the previous general manager and to the Cowboys’ rich history.

“I got D’s and F’s for the transition and actually heard the term ‘being disrespectful,’” Jones says. “The real world is the main reason I bought the Cowboys is because of the kind of respect I had for Tom Landry and Tex Schramm. They were icons and have proven to be icons in the NFL.

“We want this going to our new world headquarters at The Star.”...

jday

Reaction score
Trappings of legend
http://interactives.***BANNED-URL**...ce/?f=r&_ga=1.267073486.1375083286.1462397131

Jerry Jones rubs his hands together and smiles the way people do when they relish what comes next. Where to start? The Cowboys owner doesn’t live in the past, but he loves to visit from time to time to share his stories. The desk is the first thing to catch his eye as he looks around his office.

This is the desk where Tex Schramm sat and made decisions before some upstart from Arkansas took over. The same goes for the tan couch and granite coffee table on the opposite side of the room where some of the most significant negotiations in franchise history have taken place.

All of the furniture that was in this Valley Ranch office the day Jones purchased the club 27 years ago remains. It’s his tribute to the previous general manager and to the Cowboys’ rich history.

“I got D’s and F’s for the transition and actually heard the term ‘being disrespectful,’” Jones says. “The real world is the main reason I bought the Cowboys is because of the kind of respect I had for Tom Landry and Tex Schramm. They were icons and have proven to be icons in the NFL.

Epic read. Thanks for sharing.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Trappings of legend

Said the owner on a 20 plus year losing streak....while making Billions..... WHERE would Jerry Jones be without JIMMY JOHNSON, TROY AIKMAN, and MICHAEL IRVIN and the 1990's Cowboys.....COME ON Jerry tells us how great you made the Cowboys......or better said ...... How RICH you got OFF THE COWBOYS..while fielding a EMBARRASSING JOKE OF A TEAM.......

THIS GUYS HAS USED THE COWBOYS FRANCHISE TO BECOME A BILLIONAIRE......Not build championship...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Said the owner on a 20 plus year losing streak....while making Billions..... WHERE would Jerry Jones be without JIMMY JOHNSON, TROY AIKMAN, and MICHAEL IRVIN and the 1990's Cowboys.....COME ON Jerry tells us how great you made the Cowboys......or better said ...... How RICH you got OFF THE COWBOYS..while fielding a EMBARRASSING JOKE OF A TEAM.......

THIS GUYS HAS USED THE COWBOYS FRANCHISE TO BECOME A BILLIONAIRE......Not build championship...

Goes to prove, you can lead a horse to water...but not make him drink. But that depends on how long one keeps him under...

Jerry was every bit a part of the Cowboys. And he learned about the franchise all the way back to the efforts of Murchison...the original owner.

No, Jerry deserves credit for all the accomplishments also...and he gave from his own heart.

THAT dignity, isn't a matter for insult or word play by a foolish person. At least where wisdom is displayed as well.