Trevor Bauer Suspension

Mannix

Reaction score
Two year suspension with zero credit for already being placed on leave for 2/3 of the season last year??? This is Zeke Elliott Part II....there are more texts that a court refused to force the Complainant to release that proves she was setting him up for a payday. Just like Zeke, the legal system refused to prosecute. Please do not get me wrong....If Bauer really is guilty of unwanted abuse, he should suffer MLB's and the Justice Systems penalties....but we have given the commissioners of all sports WAY too much authority to do whatever the hell they want...AND pick on any organization (Cowboys & Dodgers) that they may personally have disdain for. BTW, Marcell Ozuna (Atlanta Braves) only got a TWENTY game suspension last year for beating up and strangling his wife....huh??? There was no denial by Ozuna...he was guilty as hell and didn't fight it. With both Zeke and Bauer, you had either a witness who testified and/or texts which showed the complainant laughing about the "set up" and a "payday" to a friend. Talk about Guilty until proven innocent....this is crazy!!!

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I have no sympathy for real abuse, but that's not at all the same as unverified accusations.
Sure hope there is real evidence and not some sort of he-said-she-said.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I haven't followed the story beyond knowing he's been out. 2-3 years seems pretty severe. There's got to be something that the MLB knows that others do not.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I haven't followed the story beyond knowing he's been out. 2-3 years seems pretty severe. There's got to be something that the MLB knows that others do not.

If there was, why didn't he get charged? Is law enforcement inept? Were they bribed? (Bauer a very rich guy, you know) They don't think it is a bad thing?

Don't think so.

Like others here, if he's guilty the punishment is deserved. But sports organizations should not be putting themselves in the position of investigating, and more than that putting themselves in the position of judging, people when there are laws to punish people guilty of wrongdoing.

Before they ruin or severely damage a player's career, there needs to be hard evidence of wrongdoing and it needs to be publicly revealed...

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Bauer makes no friends in baseball. Even his teammates dont want him around

kumizi

Reaction score
If there was, why didn't he get charged? Is law enforcement inept? Were they bribed? (Bauer a very rich guy, you know) They don't think it is a bad thing?

Don't think so.

Like others here, if he's guilty the punishment is deserved. But sports organizations should not be putting themselves in the position of investigating, and more than that putting themselves in the position of judging, people when there are laws to punish people guilty of wrongdoing.

Before they ruin or severely damage a player's career, there needs to be hard evidence of wrongdoing and it needs to be publicly revealed...

its tough to prove sexual assault in criminal court unless the woman goes to the hospital and does a rape kit. Plus district attorneys want to keep a high conviction rate.

It’s the same as criminal vs civil court. You can be found not guilty in criminal court but have to pay millions in damages in civil court. Beyond a reasonable doubt only applies to criminal convictions.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
its tough to prove sexual assault in criminal court unless the woman goes to the hospital and does a rape kit. Plus district attorneys want to keep a high conviction rate.

It’s the same as criminal vs civil court. You can be found not guilty in criminal court but have to pay millions in damages in civil court. Beyond a reasonable doubt only applies to criminal convictions.

1. It is tough to prove sexual assault. Because it's very easy to make an accusation of sexual assault, which society views (rightly so) as one of the more heinous crimes. But you missed my point - it should not be up to sports commissioners to determine if a crime was committed. Whether or not it's hard to prove.

2. And yes, you are correct about the standard of guilt, though I'm not sure why you mentioned that, as an ex-insurance adjuster who handled arson cases I'm fully aware that civil cases rely on the preponderance of evidence as the standard for guilt, not guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. No need to educate me on the law....