Video: Treylon Burks | Arkansas WR with Great Hands - 2022 NFL Draft Profile

Creeper

Reaction score
I like him but not in the first round. I doubt he makes it to 56. The Cowboys are in a tough spot at 24. They need a starting OG and a WR who can contribute day 1. I think they are more likely to get the WR in the second round than the starting LG. But it is possible the right OG is not there at 24. Then maybe another WR in the first is the right choice.

rambo2

Reaction score
I have changed my opinion on Burks. I like the idea of drafting him. I would like the idea of trading back a little and getting Burks or London or Dotson and adding a tight end like Woods or Otton with the extra draft capital. In fact I like the idea of adding 2 tight ends while the getting is good.

Gaede

Reaction score
I have changed my opinion on Burks. I like the idea of drafting him. I would like the idea of trading back a little and getting Burks or London or Dotson and adding a tight end like Woods or Otton with the extra draft capital. In fact I like the idea of adding 2 tight ends while the getting is good.

I know he's not popular on this board. But I like Burks too.

ghst187

Reaction score
Only WRs I’d consider in rd1 are Olave, Dotson, and maybe Jameson.
I don’t really like Burks, think he could be a bust.

rambo2

Reaction score
I have visions of 3 wides on a side with two of them being Burks and the massive Jalani Woods. Quick hitch to one of them and the other two blocking. It will be awesome.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Burks is an alpha who plays big in big games, ask Alabama. If they drafted him I wouldn't complain.
I don't want another 1st rd receiver, but he is my favorite in the class. We would have a similar receiving core like the 49ers with Deebo and Aiyuk. Both him and Lamb would be great yac players.

morasp

Reaction score
I don't want another 1st rd receiver, but he is my favorite in the class. We would have a similar receiving core like the 49ers with Deebo and Aiyuk. Both him and Lamb would be great yac players.
Could be wishful thinking but he's so explosive with the ball in his hands I think he could force teams to make sure they knew where he lined up on every snap.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Could be wishful thinking but he's so explosive with the ball in his hands I think he could force teams to make sure they knew where he lined up on every snap.
He could be a monster in the red zone, but also really help the run game as a blocker with his size.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He could be a monster in the red zone, but also really help the run game as a blocker with his size.
Will Dak be more confident throwing to a physical WR? If so he's the one to go for. I'm like yourself, wouldn't go WR in 1st, the weaknesses are structural and not personnel (out wide)....sort the O-Line, rushing game improves which reduces coverage.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Will Dak be more confident throwing to a physical WR? If so he's the one to go for. I'm like yourself, wouldn't go WR in 1st, the weaknesses are structural and not personnel (out wide)....sort the O-Line, rushing game improves which reduces coverage.
Any team who takes Burks must have a creative plan how to use him. He is best with the ball in his hands or in those 50/50 situations which Dak isn't the most comfortable with. I would put him near the line of scrimmage opposed to the outside as he can threaten teams in a number of ways.

reddyuta

Reaction score

i dont think he will be a bust but i would not take him in the 1st RD.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Any team who takes Burks must have a creative plan how to use him. He is best with the ball in his hands or in those 50/50 situations which Dak isn't the most comfortable with. I would put him near the line of scrimmage opposed to the outside as he can threaten teams in a number of ways.
That would give us two WR's who's best feature's their after the catch abilities...then again if Dak's a dink and dunk we still have potential depth threats in Washington/Gallup.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
imo we dont need another Dez,we need someone like Davonte Adams who gets open every time and makes it easy for the QB.
It's your flavor of ice cream, both skill sets get be successful. You probably would prefer Olave over Burks.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Bruce Feldman did a mock in the athletic today and had quotes from college guys with each pick. He had Dallas taking Burks.

4 receivers went before Dallas pick. He had Zion going right before Dallas but no other guards. He has the Eagles taking Trent McDuffie, Nakobe Dean and Devonte Wyatt (passing Williams and Burks). 3 QB going the last picks of the first round with Pickett going # 6.

jnday

Reaction score
imo we dont need another Dez,we need someone like Davonte Adams who gets open every time and makes it easy for the QB.
For Dak, the WR has to be wide open. He can not throw a WR open or anticipate when a WR will be open. Considering the plays when Dak dumps the ball off, I can’t understand using a high draft pick on another WR that Dak will not throw too.