Trivia From Adam Schefter

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Only one player from the 1998 Draft class is still with the team that drafted him. Patrick Mannelly, the LS is still with the Bears after they took him in the 6th round of that Draft.

Since I know it will be asked...

1. Greg Ellis, DE, UNC
2. Flozell Adams, OT, Michigan State
4. Michael Myers, DT, Bama
5. Darrin Hambrick, LB, South Carolina
5. Oliver Ross, OT, Iowa State
6. Izell Reese, CB, AUB
7. Tarik Smith, RB, Cal
7. Antonio Fleming, G, Georgia
7. Roderick Monroe, TE, Cincy

The Cowboys longest tenured still remaining draft pick is Jason Witten, 3rd round in 2003. Terence Newman and Bradie James were from that same Draft class but have exited stage left.

burmafrd

Reaction score
two players were starters for 10 years. Both made the Pro Bowl. Now the rest of the draft was not much but that actually makes it one of the more productive cowboy drafts. Actually our most productive one until 2002 if I remember correctly

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4470544 said:
two players were starters for 10 years. Both made the Pro Bowl. Now the rest of the draft was not much but that actually makes it one of the more productive cowboy drafts. Actually our most productive one until 2002 if I remember correctly

It's like the gem class of Jerry's in the pre-Parcells era. Of course it gets criticized for passing on Moss, but Ellis was a solid starter, Adams was a steal in the 2nd round and Myers and Reese were decent depth. Ross didn't stick here but went on to have a 10 year career in Pittsburgh and Arizona.