Twitter: Troy calling out the team

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Troy is right. The Cowboys are going to be in the wilderness for the foreseeable future. The failure is so severe it goes beyond mere coaching failures. It’s a cultural problem that may just be a permanent part of the Cowboys, unfortunately.

Big_D

Reaction score
Still kind of sounds like he's defending Garrett with the interim comment? While Garrett never earned a dam thing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is stepping out of his objective role as analyst and speaking like a fan.

There is only one hope for fans. People that Booger respects must get his attention that the way he's been doing this, the involvement and interference, is confusing to the players and actually hurting his team. He's stubborn so I have doubts but I hope he sees this next HC as the opportunity to back off and let the HC run his team to the extent others do. Don't expect a Belichick or Reid situation but at least leave the coaches and players to the HC to manage.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I have said it before and will say it again... I would love for Troy to be the HC and believe he is actually the perfect replacement for Garrett and here are some reasons why:

1. As a HOF player, he immediately has credibility with players and coaches
2. As a Cowboys player, he understands the mystique and legacy of this franchise better than anyone
3. Having worked for JJ before, and speaking his mind now, he is demonstrating that he will never be a "yes" man
4. As a QB, he understands the Xs and Os and how to call a game
5. As a broadcaster, he understands the media side of this business and has an excellent reputation to deal with the bright lights in Big D
6. He has always demanded the best from those around him and held them accountable when he was the franchise QB.
7. He is a great communicator and a HC must be able to articulate and embody the vision, goals, and culture of his team
8. He is a leader of men. He's been in the trenches. He's done the job. He steps in with immediate respect.

He would need a good staff of coordinators around him, and he would go through his own growing pains as a HC-- but he has always had ice in his veins and I think he could take the pressure of the job and rally the franchise back to what made us great. He is also young enough to have the energy and hunger to win, but he is old enough not to make some rookie mistakes.

In short-- I really would love to see him come home and restore the glory of this once proud franchise. Would he? Who knows. A new professional challenge, a sense of responsibility to the team he loves, and a big ol bag of cash from Jerry might tip the scales.

cern

Reaction score
jerry has no one to blame for the spate of criticism other than himself. he's gone so far as to admit he screams in his pillow at night as his way of dealing with the self imposed criticism.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
For years troy tried to hide that cowboys fandom, but this team has finally driven him over the edge.
He is stepping out of his objective role as analyst and speaking like a fan.

Or maybe, just maybe he was being objective all along and only now do his opinions align with the majority of whining. Therefore, NOW he "tells it like it is." Media folk are "jealous" when they disagree with fans and "know their stuff" when they agree.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The entire NFL Community understands. This franchise is in turmoil

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Troy Aikman is so bitter when it comes to Jerry Jones. I can only take what he says somewhat

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"I don't like Troy cause he hurts our feelings and doesn't blow smoke up our ***"
I don't like Troy because he's bitter. He believes you should have had another ring and he holds Jerry responsible. As take your opinion over his .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Every Time Troy Aikman says something about this franchise. It's over the top. Just happened to be right this time that's all

Sydla

Reaction score
You wonder if Troy called Jerry today to tell him what he thinks, Jerry would act like he did on radio.

Aikman is right and Jerry is struggling to hear the message.