CFZ True Test of Schedule is Bills, Dolphins, Lions, Commanders

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If you ask me, this last part of the season is going to come down to how we match up with those four teams at the back end of the schedule.

Somehow, I have a feeling a lot will hinge on that last game in Washington.

This team has lost two games over the course of six.

In 1993 the Cowboys came out of the gates in a 16 game season 0-2. Of course, that was when Emmitt Smith was holding out. And, at the time, let's be real, the team was a different animal after you added Emmitt. Because he was a rare kind of dynamic and reliable in his earlier days, even though many said he might be too small for the NFL.

We took a beating from a team with a top record, and a team with a not-so-good record, but we also clobbered some not so good teams, and won a close one with the Chargers.

Guys like Daron Bland, and Gilmore stepped up and closed out the game, and the defensive line overall was impressive, with Hankins once again making veteran type impact plays that added up over a period of time. In my opinion, he's a bit undervalued in the NFL, in general, specifically because sacks don't account for much. But his job is important, and I think he has a case up there with being underappreciated as much as running backs.

Parsons, as multi-talented and raw and authentic as he is, might be semi-over appreciated. Everyone giving him props for doing his job. Just his sack was even sort of the catalyst to the second throw and pick to Gilmore. But my thing is, as much as Broadus and everyone else has knocked Gilmore, he was more than solid enough to win and surely held down his fair share on defense. I'd rather have a savvy vet that is a tad slower than he was at 21 than 21-year-old greenback, most times, anyway. As high as PFF has Bland rated, they obviously can't be accounting for those two over-thrown passes that Bland was lucky they were unable to connect on.
That's not taking anything away from Bland, but I think a lot of it comes down to how well our secondary plays down the stretch.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Lions and Commanders I can see us winning. Bills, and Dolphins.... depends if our defense can slow down their offenses.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Long way off.

Never know what happens between now and then.

Remove a QB and it’s very different, but yeah I posted the other day that stretch isn’t even fair.

What’s worse is…apples to apples, Philly drew Minnesota, who finished first last year also, but were clearly ships passing in the night with Detroit.

We don’t get small breaks, but that’s smoothed out by never getting the big breaks.

CCBoy

Reaction score
(laughing out loud) let's do a bet based on your prediction! Afraid to put something on the line for running off at the mouth? Maybe they will bench me and save your having to own up....

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you ask me, this last part of the season is going to come down to how we match up with those four teams at the back end of the schedule.

Somehow, I have a feeling a lot will hinge on that last game in Washington.

This team has lost two games over the course of six.

In 1993 the Cowboys came out of the gates in a 16 game season 0-2. Of course, that was when Emmitt Smith was holding out. And, at the time, let's be real, the team was a different animal after you added Emmitt. Because he was a rare kind of dynamic and reliable in his earlier days, even though many said he might be too small for the NFL.

We took a beating from a team with a top record, and a team with a not-so-good record, but we also clobbered some not so good teams, and won a close one with the Chargers.

Guys like Daron Bland, and Gilmore stepped up and closed out the game, and the defensive line overall was impressive, with Hankins once again making veteran type impact plays that added up over a period of time. In my opinion, he's a bit undervalued in the NFL, in general, specifically because sacks don't account for much. But his job is important, and I think he has a case up there with being underappreciated as much as running backs.

Parsons, as multi-talented and raw and authentic as he is, might be semi-over appreciated. Everyone giving him props for doing his job. Just his sack was even sort of the catalyst to the second throw and pick to Gilmore. But my thing is, as much as Broadus and everyone else has knocked Gilmore, he was more than solid enough to win and surely held down his fair share on defense. I'd rather have a savvy vet that is a tad slower than he was at 21 than 21-year-old greenback, most times, anyway. As high as PFF has Bland rated, they obviously can't be accounting for those two over-thrown passes that Bland was lucky they were unable to connect on.
That's not taking anything away from Bland, but I think a lot of it comes down to how well our secondary plays down the stretch.
Mr Pass---that will be a tough 4-game stretch...i sincerely hope we fix our offense during the bye...dont give up on Dak...he dont give up...team is behind

him...we got to fix our downfield passing game....and use our fullback/tailback more in short yardage and just to wear out defenses and then bring in Pollard

for a big breaking run and use Dowdle....we got all the receivers needed to have a Dak-Ariel attack?

mldardy

Reaction score
(laughing out loud) let's do a bet based on your prediction! Afraid to put something on the line for running off at the mouth? Maybe they will bench me and save your having to own up....
He won't do it. As soon as it doesn't happen he'll deny all existence.