Truth? The Cowboys are 6-0 against the Giants in opening games

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's a meaningless stat, so please don't respond that it's a meaningless stat, lol. But while listening to The Break it was mentioned that the Cowboys have never lost an opening game against the Giants. I've never heard this. I know they lost the first game at Cowboys/AT&T but that was the second game of the year. Can anyone confirm this stat?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Truth. They have never beaten us on opening day and we have never beat them in our new house. Stats and trends mean nothing though between these two teams. One of these stats will be gone by the end of Sunday night.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I know it's a meaningless stat, so please don't respond that it's a meaningless stat, lol. But while listening to The Break it was mentioned that the Cowboys have never lost an opening game against the Giants. I've never heard this. I know they lost the first game at Cowboys/AT&T but that was the second game of the year. Can anyone confirm this stat?

It's true and NYG are undefeated at Jerry World.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks, dexternjack and Dash28. The good thing is this version of the Cowboys seems stronger than recent ones. That has been a factor in the Giants 4-0 record at the Death Star. We shall see.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is exactly what pro-football-reference.com is for.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=c9r2H

It's true and NYG are undefeated at Jerry World.

Immovable object, meet irresistible force.

Nav22

Reaction score
I love how the Giants' 4-0 in Dallas stat has been talked about ad nauseum since the schedule was released, but this other meaningless stat was given no airplay whatsoever.

If the roles were reversed, I bet the trendy stat leading up to this game would be "can the Cowboys FINALLY beat the Giants on opening day!?"

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how the Giants' 4-0 in Dallas stat has been talked about ad nauseum since the schedule was released, but this other meaningless stat was given no airplay whatsoever.

If the roles were reversed, I bet the trendy stat leading up to this game would be "can the Cowboys FINALLY beat the Giants on opening day!?"

Yep. Exactly. You just have to laugh.