trying to make my first wallpaper...

KoRn_BoYz_5

Reaction score
constructive critisim is always welcome, i'm thinkin about faddin in some of the past gen. greats in the finished product....

i4ffjs.jpg

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
Take the blur away from the font,and try using a stadium pic in the backround that takes the whole page up. Then lower it's opacity. Your cropping of players needs work. It,s not bad for your first, you can only get better, if you need help ask. BTW what program are you using. Try this site to help as well http://www.good-tutorials.com/

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed...the blur on the fonts takes away from the effort. Clear those up and over all it is pretty darn good for a first try.

One other thing...sometimes it is hard to find an image that is not cut off (like the one of the helmet you have on the right side).

Now Juke has told me he finds other images and blends them in....I am normally too lazy for that so I try and position the image to hide that flaw or put some graphic around it to hide it.

Either way as I said I like it for a first project...It is better work then I have seen from others who have done more....no not talking about on this site.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
OK...

First things first...

Whether or not you like it...love it...hate it...that hardly matters. I don't wanna sound too "spiritual" here but truly, the value is in creating. That's the reward. While someone has their butt parked on a couch watching Survivor, you're creating. Very cool.

Sharing what you created is big stuff too. We've all done that here. Takes courage to do so but you're gonna find, the group that we have back here in the Image Dungeon is a super, helpful, good bunch of people.

I like that you went a bit bonkers on the background...I think it's pretty cool looking. I think it might be more "dramatic" looking if the type was not blurry...but that's just my opinion.

You did a pretty good job of cutting out the players, with the exception of the lobotomy you gave TNew...there are ways around that...

I might have done all the player images in the effect that you applied to Terry Glenn...and maybe carried that look over to the background as well...at least just the grey area...

First time out...great job.

Also, the larger the "canvas" the more difficult the graphic is to create...at least that's the way I feel...so to start with a wallpaper is pretty tough.

Keep up the good work.

:D

KoRn_BoYz_5

Reaction score
i rearanged and re-edited some of the pics and took some out...i wasn't able to find a tex. stadium pic that i thought was good enough, but here is the "boyz of dallas" wallpaper v. 2.0

i54ui8.jpg