News: TS: New Dallas Cowboys Coach Responds To His 'Jerk' Reputation

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. Jerry doesn't let anybody run over his kids. Once they come crying to him the bs will be over. sheesh.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Imo the media was making too much of Zim's hard coaching like their trying to create a narrative. Hard coaches tend to get most out of players, and he's to perfect type coach to get the softness out of the Defense.
Coach Zimmer was definitely what our team (especially defense) needs.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Can’t wait for the first dress down of MP or TDs should be interesting. Old school coach for sure and what some wanted not sure today’s divas will respond positively to the daily rants
Especially the hot boyz

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Imo the media was making too much of Zim's hard coaching like their trying to create a narrative. Hard coaches tend to get most out of players, and he's to perfect type coach to get the softness out of the Defense.
He also made it clear that he adjusts his style to fit the player. I think he mentioned one who didn't respond well to hard coaching, so his approach to the player was different. A good coach sees what's working and uses it. I think some just want to put Zimmer in a box and you can't do that with most successful coaches. Jimmy used to treat different players differently, but he still established his way of doing things. You may have a mold but you don't press every player into it if it's not a good fit. You find what works for that player.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Zimmer won’t have to be a genius to notice the glaring emptiness that is the Dallas Cowboys interior front seven. He’s probably ALREADY floored by that utter weakness.

Kill it, Zimm.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should have stuck with Quinn. I don't know why Jerry felt like we needed to change coaches. I'm not even sure Zimmer will be able to make this defense better than what is was this year.
Jerry likely didn't want to change coaches, but Quinn got a head coaching job offer and accepted it.

I am sure if he was willing to stay then Jerry would have kept him, but Quinn was ready move on.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Jerry likely didn't want to change coaches, but Quinn got a head coaching job offer and accepted it.

I am sure if he was willing to stay then Jerry would have kept him, but Quinn was ready move on.
I just wish Jerry would try harder to keep good coaches around. Teams with the most steadiest coaching staff find the most success in today's NFL. San Francisco and Kansas city come to mind.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
No way do I believe Zimmer is going to be any harder than Quinn was. Zimmer will be chilling up in a booth just like Quinn during the games, not on the sidelines chewing someone out. Let me see the schemes. "Hard" doesn't mean in 2024 what it did in the 90's anyway. Just give us SOME accountability and consequence.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I just wish Jerry would try harder to keep good coaches around. Teams with the most steadiest coaching staff find the most success in today's NFL. San Francisco and Kansas city come to mind.
It's a good thing to see coaches moving on to better positions. It means we're consistently cycling in quality coaches that other teams are willing to promote. They should've kept Payton, but otherwise, I can't remember to many that they missed the boat on.

Mr_437

Reaction score
He also made it clear that he adjusts his style to fit the player. I think he mentioned one who didn't respond well to hard coaching, so his approach to the player was different. A good coach sees what's working and uses it. I think some just want to put Zimmer in a box and you can't do that with most successful coaches. Jimmy used to treat different players differently, but he still established his way of doing things. You may have a mold but you don't press every player into it if it's not a good fit. You find what works for that player.
Excellent point.