Turpin needs more snaps!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He just is a playmaker out in space. When he is on the field teams have to account for him. The offense just doesn't have many playmakers outside of Lamb this season, Turpin has to get more involved. MM has used him on a few 3rd down packages, in which he has gotten open with ease, which we cannot say the same about Michael Gallup.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I will never understand the cowboys ways of not sticking with something that once worked.

Its like they believe they will be figured out the next week so they dont even attempt it the next game.

Imagine the dolphins running the offense they run once, only to not see it again.

The cowboys at times makes you want to just walk across hot coal slowly.

Jipper

Reaction score
Pollard too. The Cowboys need a package with CeeDee, Cooks, Turpin, Pollard, Ferguson and Tolbert. That would give the Eagles all types of problems.
And if our line isn’t up to snuff it will give dak all sorts of problems too…maybe Ferguson and pollard chip and then go, dunno but interesting personal set

blueblood70

Reaction score
He just is a playmaker out in space. When he is on the field teams have to account for him. The offense just doesn't have many playmakers outside of Lamb this season, Turpin has to get more involved. MM has used him on a few 3rd down packages, in which he has gotten open with ease, which we cannot say the same about Michael Gallup.
As much as I agree we need to run more motion get more players involved they have been doing it the last two games more and I believe they'll do it when it makes sense but some of these plays can't be run when our offensive line can't block for more than two seconds and we have no run game

you do realize when you have one-dimensional football kind of hard to run your full offense seriously I mean when the defense like knows you're about to pass or they know you have to throw the ball quicker they're looking for those dump offs the quick plays they start coming up and taking them away..

I can't be more clear about this our biggest issues in the playoffs is the offensive line they're not physical they're not creating a good run game against the better defenses hard to run your full offense when your offensive line is your weak point of your team and we could say the same thing on the other side of the ball...

As much as we've improved we are losing in the trenches against the better front sevens and we're not doing a good job with our own run defense and therefore it's why we have these playoff issues these games like we're seeing Sunday and the ones like we lost against the 49ers you're on the road these are playoff atmospheres even though they only count as one win or one loss in a regular season it shows you we haven't grown much we have to solve the problems up front whether it's scheme execution game planning I don't know what it is but somebody needs to do something so that we can run our full offense but seriously watch a lot of the snaps early in games like the Rams games is a perfect example but it's happening in many games we overcome them in games against weaker teams but we cannot overcome them against teams like we're about to play you need to block well you need to run the ball and you need to stop the run those are being keys for 100 years people think football has changed it has not changed that much.. This allegedly passed happy league you look at the plays in the biggest games teams have to run the ball well and block well or they lose that's pretty much football 101 winning the trenches have a good shot at winning the game..

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As much as I agree we need to run more motion get more players involved they have been doing it the last two games more and I believe they'll do it when it makes sense but some of these plays can't be run when our offensive line can't block for more than two seconds and we have no run game

you do realize when you have one-dimensional football kind of hard to run your full offense seriously I mean when the defense like knows you're about to pass or they know you have to throw the ball quicker they're looking for those dump offs the quick plays they start coming up and taking them away..

I can't be more clear about this our biggest issues in the playoffs is the offensive line they're not physical they're not creating a good run game against the better defenses hard to run your full offense when your offensive line is your weak point of your team and we could say the same thing on the other side of the ball...

As much as we've improved we are losing in the trenches against the better front sevens and we're not doing a good job with our own run defense and therefore it's why we have these playoff issues these games like we're seeing Sunday and the ones like we lost against the 49ers you're on the road these are playoff atmospheres even though they only count as one win or one loss in a regular season it shows you we haven't grown much we have to solve the problems up front whether it's scheme execution game planning I don't know what it is but somebody needs to do something so that we can run our full offense but seriously watch a lot of the snaps early in games like the Rams games is a perfect example but it's happening in many games we overcome them in games against weaker teams but we cannot overcome them against teams like we're about to play you need to block well you need to run the ball and you need to stop the run those are being keys for 100 years people think football has changed it has not changed that much.. This allegedly passed happy league you look at the plays in the biggest games teams have to run the ball well and block well or they lose that's pretty much football 101 winning the trenches have a good shot at winning the game..
I fully agree, we are going to face another bigger/stronger more physical team this week on both sides of the football. Until they fix the trenches, they will remain inconsistent against the top teams.

Aven8

Reaction score
Been saying this for two years now. Speed kills. He’s more than big/tough enough

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
100% agree that he has to be on the field more.

The guy is too fast to not be on the field more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Been saying this for two years now. Speed kills. He’s more than big/tough enough
The league has gotten so good at scheming guys open that almost all that matters is being fast.

Random mid round picks look like superstars because of their speed.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every time he touches the ball, I am partly excited that something good can happen and partly terrified he's going to take a hit and break something. He's like 150 lbs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Turpin has been used a lot more this season, but we can’t make him a focal point of the offense when you have CeeDee. Plus Turpin is undersized, so he’s not going to be a go to receiver, you have to create opportunities for him.

Mark

Reaction score
They treat poor KaVontae like he just fell off the Turnip truck.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I agree with this. He’s arguably the best playmaker with the ball in his hands

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

That is correct, the game plan goes out the window when you are getting your rear end getting kicked on a constant basis.