TV Commentator Awards (The best to the worst of the NFL announcing teams)

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like the Doctor is tired of hearing about Roy Williams.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I mostly agree with Doc's take. It is time for the NFL & Networks to respect their heritage, which is the actual game. I could really care less about all of the pageantry, statements, commercials, and hoopla that surrounds the game. Just give me the game unabated and I am happy. Also, while I am at it I wish the broadcasters would give me the unbiased version of the action on the field. If you see something that is unjust say so unbiasedly and move on. The bottom line is that they really need to stop harping on silly **** outside of the game especially at the expense of the action on the field.

2004 commentating has really degraded and I fear it will only get worse in 2005.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with that article. He hit the nail on the head. Only thing I would change is putting the ESPN crew at a minus 5 stars.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
My favorite on the ESPN crew was when Summerall took over Patrick’s duties early in the year.

On one kickoff, the returner took the ball about 75 yards and was brought down from behind.

Maguire shrieked “what a great play!” made by whomever tackled the returner and commented on how great the special teams coach was for that team that made the tackle.

Summerall sarcastically replied “so allowing a 75 yard return is great special teams play?”

Maguire didn’t say anything back.

Rich…………….

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
My favorite on the ESPN crew was when Summerall took over Patrick’s duties early in the year.

On one kickoff, the returner took the ball about 75 yards and was brought down from behind.

Maguire shrieked “what a great play!” made by whomever tackled the returner and commented on how great the special teams coach was for that team that made the tackle.

Summerall sarcastically replied “so allowing a 75 yard return is great special teams play?”

Maguire didn’t say anything back.

Rich…………….

Yeah those weeks were great. I have always liked Summerall and he made the other two goofs more palatable.