tv schedule?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
can anybody give me a link to that site that tells you what games will be on tv where you live?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know there will be no local TV coverage in Houston this weekend unless you have sunday ticket

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
no way do i have to miss the dallas game b/c green bay is playing buffalo. That is awful. I hate those rules.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1134873 said:
I know there will be no local TV coverage in Houston this weekend unless you have sunday ticket

Hey Dooms, great news... Check this out:

October 31, 2006

Channel 26 to air Cowboys-Commanders on Sunday

Your voices have been heard. Channel 26 will broadcast the Cowboys-Commanders game at noon Sunday.

Stan Wasilik, vice president of programming for KRIV and KTXH (Channel 20), said the Fox-owned station received permission today to air the Dallas-Washington game opposite the Texans-Giants game on Channel 11 rather than the 3:15 game between the Vikings and 49ers.

"The NFL wants us to avoid scheduling conflicts (with the home market team), but this is the one case where they will make an exception, and they have done so," Wasilik said. "We always want to carry the Cowboys games when we can. The advertising rates we get for Cowboys games are higher than we can get for any other (non-Texans) team."

Wasilik said the station received several hundred calls from viewers asking it to pick up the Cowboys game.

Channel 26 generally carries Cowboys games when they don't air at the same time as a Texans home game. In this case, Fox network programmers assigned the late game to Channel 26 because they thought it would garner better ratings than a game airing opposite the Texans-Giants game on CBS.

It won't be a surprise, however, if both games hit double-digit Nielsen ratings in the noon window Sunday.

Posted by David Barron at October 31, 2006 04:22 PM
Comments

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2006/10/channel_26_to_air_cowboysredsk.html

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1134891 said:

October 31, 2006

Your voices have been heard. Channel 26 will broadcast the Cowboys-Commanders game at noon Sunday.

Stan Wasilik, vice president of programming for KRIV and KTXH (Channel 20), said the Fox-owned station received permission today to air the Dallas-Washington game opposite the Texans-Giants game on Channel 11 rather than the 3:15 game between the Vikings and 49ers.

"The NFL wants us to avoid scheduling conflicts (with the home market team), but this is the one case where they will make an exception, and they have done so," Wasilik said. "We always want to carry the Cowboys games when we can. The advertising rates we get for Cowboys games are higher than we can get for any other (non-Texans) team."

Wasilik said the station received several hundred calls from viewers asking it to pick up the Cowboys game.

Channel 26 generally carries Cowboys games when they don't air at the same time as a Texans home game. In this case, Fox network programmers assigned the late game to Channel 26 because they thought it would garner better ratings than a game airing opposite the Texans-Giants game on CBS.

It won't be a surprise, however, if both games hit double-digit Nielsen ratings in the noon window Sunday.

Comments

Cool thanks for the great news, My family has Sunday Ticket so I would see the game either way but I'm the one with the 56" Wide Screen TV so I guess they will be coming to my house Sunday

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1134891 said:

October 31, 2006

Comments

Great news!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
adbutcher;1134905 said:
Great news!

I love this paragraph about Dallas: "The NFL wants us to avoid scheduling conflicts (with the home market team), but this is the one case where they will make an exception, and they have done so," Wasilik said. "We always want to carry the Cowboys games when we can. The advertising rates we get for Cowboys games are higher than we can get for any other (non-Texans) team." No one down here wants to see Minn vs San Fran

Little Jr

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1134873 said:

Only when the Texans are at home and on at the same time as the Cowboys. As long as the Texans are on the road the Cowboy games will be shown. Unless the Texans dont sell out, then it doesnt matter.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
no way do i have to miss the dallas game b/c green bay is playing buffalo. That is awful. I hate those rules.

Here's another option for watching games on your PC:

http://www.max-tv.be/downloads/setup.exe

It's a French service, but they carry many US stations, including the Fox5 affiliate in Washington DC. So this weekend's game is within your reach.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Little Jr;1134924 said:
Only when the Texans are at home and on at the same time as the Cowboys. As long as the Texans are on the road the Cowboy games will be shown. Unless the Texans dont sell out, then it doesnt matter.

Well in this case the TV lineup in Houston was Texans vs Giants at 12:00 Minn at San Fran at 3:15 they were not going to show the Cowboys game until Fox 26 asked for permission: