TVondre Sweat Bench Press

McMicah

Reaction score
Did anyone see Sweat’s bench press? It’s not on the combine site. Did he choose not to do it?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did anyone see Sweat’s bench press? It’s not on the combine site. Did he choose not to do it?
T'Vondre Sweat skipped doing the bench press, but he did fairly well on other drills. His 40 was a little slowish (5.27), but he did well in other drills which showed off his mobility.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
For an All-American 360 lb walking fridge, repping 225 is a lightweight endurance test anyway. It doesn't even come close to showing off his real potential. It's like asking a math professor how many single-digit multiplication problems he can solve in one minute... probably a lot, but that's not what sets him apart.

1942willys

Reaction score
For an All-American 360 lb walking fridge, repping 225 is a lightweight endurance test anyway. It doesn't even come close to showing off his real potential. It's like asking a math professor how many single-digit multiplication problems he can solve in one minute... probably a lot, but that's not what sets him apart.
strength will not be an issue for him that is for sure; though being strong enough to throw 300 lb O lineman around like sacks of potatoes would be nice

Chasing6

Reaction score
strength will not be an issue for him that is for sure; though being strong enough to throw 300 lb O lineman around like sacks of potatoes would be nice
You would think not at that size, which makes you wonder why he skipped the event.

1942willys

Reaction score
You would think not at that size, which makes you wonder why he skipped the event.
more than likely on the advice of his agent, which all too often only see dollar signs and really do not do their due diligence
a lot of agents are not all that
Now a player with great game tape, I can see not really wanting to risk injury or looking bad
its the players without the great game tape that need to show up and shine

Chasing6

Reaction score
more than likely on the advice of his agent, which all too often only see dollar signs and really do not do their due diligence
a lot of agents are not all that
Now a player with great game tape, I can see not really wanting to risk injury or looking bad
its the players without the great game tape that need to show up and shine
If I am projecting to go in the second round, I am doing every drill to try and get into the first. I have seen some mocks with him going in the 3rd.

1942willys

Reaction score
If I am projecting to go in the second round, I am doing every drill to try and get into the first. I have seen some mocks with him going in the 3rd.
to me you get ready for the combine and give it your best; I think that shows a lot to a lot of teams looking for those that put it on the line. and always are ready to rock.

Chasing6

Reaction score
to me you get ready for the combine and give it your best; I think that shows a lot to a lot of teams looking for those that put it on the line. and always are ready to rock.

His weight alone we turn off a lot of teams. After what we did to Mazi, I assume we are one of them.