Twitter: Cowboys Work Out TE Marcus Lucas

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

10th team? Wow, McClay is scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not Puni too!!!!!!!
tenor.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are more worried about getting Witten his rest days than they are lighting a fire under an unreliable kicker that could cost us wins in real games.
There are about 62 kickers on other teams right now.

The best alternatives for the Cowboys to the kickers currently on the roster are in that group of 62...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

The best alternatives for the Cowboys to the kickers currently on the roster are in that group of 62...
I see what you are saying.

But I disagree.

Maher should not be allowed to just kick himself in or out of job as suggested.

Get another real threat in. Make him deal with that pressure in camp and in exhibitions.

I don't think letting him kick his way through it unopposed makes any rational sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

But I disagree.

Get another real threat in. Make him deal with that pressure in camp and in exhibitions.

I don't think letting him kick his way through it unopposed makes any rational sense.
They can easily cut Maher and pick a kicker up who looks better. This late in the game the best kickers are picked up.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Duh we play the 49ers Saturday and he was on the 49ers PS for 2018.

So your theory is the Cowboys want some dirt to get that all important win in the first preseason game? :huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what? and we cut the legend! wow.

Speaks volumes doesn't it? Rico's attitude and work ethic were so bad that the Cowboys instead chose to bring in a TE that's bounced around nearly half the team's in the league to replace him on a 90-man roster.

Followed up with conformation from the rest of the entire league that not a single team claimed him on waivers.

But listen to the foolish make claims about "New England will sign him and he'll win a Super Bowl".

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

NO NO NO, there are thousands of Pro bowl level kickers just sitting around watching tv and the Cowboys just refuse to bring them in, I think that is clearly the thought of most people on this board.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Was about to say, it's not like there's a bunch of reliable kickers sitting at home...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

But I disagree.

The Cowboys are possibly mistakenly thinking they don't want Maher to feel the extra pressure of having legitimate competition! :rolleyes:

To guess upon their intentions even further, they may intend to go with one of the rejects that are currently trying out on other teams.

Last edited: