Two keys to the game Sunday night

Sydla

Reaction score
1) Dak has to outplay Hurts.

2) Quinn and company cannot let the Eagles just churn up yards on the ground. I suspect Philly, in response to their beat down to the 49ers, are going to emphasize running the ball and getting the offense into more and and 3rd and shorts. We did a decent enough job in the last game where Philly did run for over 100 yards, but only average 3.3 ypc.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I am concerned with the effects from the surprise illness and subsequent absence of McCarthy.

Einstein

Reaction score
Dak has to play mistake free football, don't care if Hurts has better numbers if they can't get TDs.

Agree that they will probably try to run a lot. Hankins has been playing really well as of late, need that to continue!

shabazz

Reaction score
Our run defense can be exploited. Cards and Niners proved that.

Our rushing offense can't move against good defensive lines. Niners and eagles proved that as well.

This remains our Achilles heel.......just have outscore them in shootout through the air

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Dak has to play mistake free football, don't care if Hurts has better numbers if they can't get TDs.

Agree that they will probably try to run a lot. Hankins has been playing really well as of late, need that to continue!
Espn has been saying that the eagles need to run the ball. If they can run well, it could put them in 3rd and short situations. Might be a problem for the defense. Hope Dallas has an answer.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The game will be decided in the trenches as always. If the Cowboys protect Dak the team will score 30+ points like all our home games. On defense we have to stop the run and pressure Hurts. It is simple we have the better team and we our at home

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Our run defense can be exploited. Cards and Niners proved that.

Our rushing offense can't move against good defensive lines. Niners and eagles proved that as well.

This remains our Achilles heel.......just have outscore them in shootout through the air
niners exposed our secondary, we shut down CMC hard

Plankton

Reaction score
The Cowboys need to pass protect much better than they did in the Philly game, and they have to convert in the red zone. I hope to see very little of Brandon Aubrey on Sunday except for kickoffs and extra points.

They also do need to slow the run game, but even moreso, control the LOS. That is the ultimate key to the game. The Eagles should be a bit beat up going into this game, and the Cowboys should be very well rested and fit for this one. I expect a Cowboy win that will send the spin doctors and garbage hot take shows into overdrive on Monday.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

2) Quinn and company cannot let the Eagles just churn up yards on the ground. I suspect Philly, in response to their beat down to the 49ers, are going to emphasize running the ball and getting the offense into more and and 3rd and shorts. We did a decent enough job in the last game where Philly did run for over 100 yards, but only average 3.3 ypc.
The running around and finding guy wide open, them getting sacks on us, us having a lot of penalties

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak outplayed him first go around and we lost but yeah gotta stop the run. They are gonna try and run down our throats….

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am more concerned with their passing game. They way Metcalf ran all over the field. and beat Bland often concerns me.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Steele
Containing their run game
Scoring TD's in the redzone

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be hard to beat. This game could be a big turning point in the NFC.

J-man

Reaction score
2 keys to victory on Sunday night:
1. stop them from scoring points
2. score points
LOL they real answers aren't quite as simple.

The rumor is that Hurts is hurt, somewhere, IDK where but supposedly injured. So I have a feeling they will try to attack our middle with a lot of runs and quick hits. And then when we're sucked up tight they will take shots with Brown and Smith. We will need the defense to disrupt their game plan. I'm sure they will try to control the clock with the run game and getting Goedert back will help their offense put pressure on our DB's, especially inside. Stopping the run, not falling for the double moves and attacking Hurts, smartly, is a must. Can't shut down the offense and then let him break containment and kill us with his legs. Also penalties must be at a minimum on defense! We can't give them free yards and more downs, we have to be able to get off the field on 3rd downs.

Our offense is clicking and I think that as long as we are in control of the game, Dak and co. will do what they do and put up enough points. It's when we lose control that Dak and the offense tend to get too stressed and start screwing up. That can't happen if we want to win. Control the tempo, control the LOS on defense and we will win the game.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
It's going to be shootout just like last time they played, stupid mistakes cost us the game. We win if we play smart.