Tyson Thompson no longer holds the No. 3 RB slot?

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Cowboys | Kincade competing for No. 3 running back job
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 08:32:52 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Keylon Kincade is competing with RB Tyson Thompson for the No. 3 running back job. Head coach Bill Parcells expects a good competition and gave both time with the No. 3 offense Saturday, Aug. 5, during the team's scrimmage.

Cowboys | T. Thompson competing for No. 3 running back job
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 08:29:34 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports Dallas Cowboys RB Tyson Thompson is competing with RB Keylon Kincade for the No. 3 running back job. Head coach Bill Parcells expects a good competition and gave both time with the No. 3 offense Saturday, Aug. 5, during the team's scrimmage.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
That's because Thompson is a speedster, not a RB. The only reason anyone is impressed with him is because he ran the same sweep play about 5 times against 3rd teamers and ran faster.

Nothing to see here.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I thought Thompson did a good job on kickoff returns last season.

With his speed, I think he is a good 3rd back. He is change of pace and return kicks. Really, how much more are you asking out of a 3rd back?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Thompson was making a HUGE jump last year from San Jose State to the Cowboys. He still had the highest YPC on the team and did a good job on kickoff returns.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
It is still a little too early to know what Thompson is or isn't. He was very raw last year.

Mansta54

Reaction score
cobra said:
I thought Thompson did a good job on kickoff returns last season.

With his speed, I think he is a good 3rd back. He is change of pace and return kicks. Really, how much more are you asking out of a 3rd back?

Well said!!!!

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
The other thing is that Luksa Polite could end up getting the 3rd most carries on this team....