Ummm, the TE's coach is Garrett's little brother.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Ummm, the TE's coach is Garrett's little brother (edit: or older by one year, I suppose :rolleyes:). And with no surprise, the ensuing controversy revolves around whether the TE is favored in the offense. While the media is trying to build a loose case that the WRs are to blame, that the WRs are complaining about the TE's, the media makes no attempts to see if it is true that the TEs are over-favored by the offensive coaches in a detrimental way. And the media surely are missing the FACT that the Offensve coordiantor - who ultimately decides who gets which passes - and the TE's coach are related. But hey, why bother with facts, when unsubstantiated opinions from un-named sources tell a better front-page story for BSPN, the National Enquierer of Pro Sports.

joseephuss

Reaction score
John is 1 year older than Jason. Judd is the youngest Garrett by 1 year and is with the Rams.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Or the middle of the field, where Witten usualy is, is what is open.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
actually, Garrett the TE coach was instructed by Jerry Jones to utter only one phrase during his entire coaching tenure with the Cowboys: "high and tight."

Also, he was instructed to speak in a very creep/whispery voice

so what you're insinuating is impossible

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Garrett brother has nothing to do with it. Jason Witten on a LB is a matchup in our favor and when most QB's are under pressure they will look for the TE is another explanations of why Witten is getting the ball

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484433 said:
Or the middle of the field, where Witten usualy is, is what is open.

Crayton is open there too, usually, when the ball goes to Witten. And often times is more open than Witten, like in the last game. Now I know Witten is above Crayton in the check-downs, by Witten was not exactly open; he was in tight quarters. So why is nobody willing to point hte finger at Romo for NOT checking Witten off and going to a wide-open Crayton at hte 50?

Romo's mistake cost us the game. But hey, I'm just asking, right? I must be wrong. So sorry! Please hand me a pitch-fork and show me the way to the WRs lockers. :rolleyes:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
So why did Romo throw so many times to the TE BEFORE his brother became the TE coach? You are reaching big time.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2484455 said:
Crayton is open there too, usually, when the ball goes to Witten. And often times is more open than Witten, like in the last game. Now I know Witten is above Crayton in the check-downs, by Witten was not exactly open; he was in tight quarters. So why is nobody willing to point hte finger at Romo for NOT checking Witten off and going to a wide-open Crayton at hte 50?

I'm just asking?

Who would you throw to if you had that choice? Is Crayton as sure handed as Witten? I don't think so. Witten isn't going to short arm a pass or will he
worry about where the LB or DB may be.

He caught a pass Sunday where polomottouba what ever his name is was going to take his head off. He caught it knowing this.

Id throw him the ball every chance I had.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2484474 said:
Who would you throw to if you had that choice? Is Crayton as sure handed as Witten? I don't think so. Witten isn't going to short arm a pass or will he
worry about where the LB or DB may be.

He caught a pass Sunday where polomottouba what ever his name is was going to take his head off. He caught it knowing this.

Id throw him the ball every chance I had.

you don't know his name? really?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2484426 said:
Ummm, the TE's coach is Garrett's little brother (edit: or older by one year, I suppose :rolleyes:). And with no surprise, the ensuing controversy revolves around whether the TE is favored in the offense. While the media is trying to build a loose case that the WRs are to blame, that the WRs are complaining about the TE's, the media makes no attempts to see if it is true that the TEs are over-favored by the offensive coaches in a detrimental way. And the media surely are missing the FACT that the Offensve coordiantor - who ultimately decides who gets which passes - and the TE's coach are related. But hey, why bother with facts, when unsubstantiated opinions from un-named sources tell a better front-page story for BSPN, the National Enquierer of Pro Sports.

You're absolutely right. No doubt about that. Why late facts bother agenda's and stupid theories. :rolleyes:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2484456 said:
So why did Romo throw so many times to the TE BEFORE his brother became the TE coach? You are reaching big time.

So much so that this guy is impressed.

31JQ90ZGGDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2484426 said:
Except February, it has 28 days.

Mash

Reaction score
Well...

If this is true...

Then why did Romo try to force the ball to Williams in the endzone in double coverage while Garretts brother pet project Bennett was wide open doing jumping jacks begging for the ball?

Romo needs to wake up and make better decisions....

ndanger

Reaction score
joseephuss;2484431 said:
John is 1 year older than Jason. Judd is the youngest Garrett by 1 year and is with the Rams.

Judd is no longer with the Rams and if memory serves me right now has a position with the Cowboys as well.

joseephuss

Reaction score
ndanger;2484756 said:
Judd is no longer with the Rams and if memory serves me right now has a position with the Cowboys as well.

You are right. I do remember that now. It happened earlier this year. He is in the scouting department.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2484449 said:
Garrett brother has nothing to do with it. Jason Witten on a LB is a matchup in our favor and when most QB's are under pressure they will look for the TE is another explanations of why Witten is getting the ball

uh-oh.

someone gets it.