Underwood cut again

VoR

Reaction score
http://www.gbnreport.com/

Former #1 DE cut by CFL team... Ottawa has released DE Dimitrious Underwood, the one-time first round pick of Minnesota whose NFL career was ruined by bipolar disorder. After being selected 29th overall in 1999 by the Vikings, the former Michigan State star left camp after just one day. He ultimately ended up with Dallas but has not suited up since 2001. Barring a change of heart, the 6-6, 295-pound Underwood is expected to be in Ottawa this weekend when the Renegades open their 2005 training camp. Elsewhere in the CFL, Winnipeg released RB Marvin Townes, an undrafted rookie free agent from East Carolina.

VoR

Reaction score
Wow, 1 day. Ottowa should have seen this coming. :D

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Yeah someone posted this the other day. But hey we all do reposts some time or another.....

jman

Reaction score
VoR said:
http://www.gbnreport.com/

Former #1 DE cut by CFL team... Ottawa has released DE Dimitrious Underwood, the one-time first round pick of Minnesota whose NFL career was ruined by bipolar disorder. After being selected 29th overall in 1999 by the Vikings, the former Michigan State star left camp after just one day. He ultimately ended up with Dallas but has not suited up since 2001. Barring a change of heart, the 6-6, 295-pound Underwood is expected to be in Ottawa this weekend when the Renegades open their 2005 training camp. Elsewhere in the CFL, Winnipeg released RB Marvin Townes, an undrafted rookie free agent from East Carolina.

Okay...which is it?

Did he get cut or is he expected to be in camp?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jman said:
Okay...which is it?

Did he get cut or is he expected to be in camp?
Yeah that was some bad reporting. But he was released.

The Ottawa Renegades released 10 players, including veteran long snapper Steve Glenn, defensive lineman Dimitrius Underwood and rookie running back Les Mullings. The club also re-signed quarterback Darnell Kennedy.

Underwood, a former first-round draft pick of the NFL's Minnesota Vikings, was looking to resurrect his football career in Ottawa. The six-foot-five, 295-pound tackle spent time with three NFL teams - Minnesota, the Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys - but made more headlines off the field.

Diagnosed with bipolar disorder, Underwood twice attempted suicide and was arrested three times - including twice in November 2002 on charges of robbing a paraplegic in a wheelchair and punching a policeman. He has also spent time in psychiatric hospitals.

"There was some rust there," Joe Paopao, the Renegades head coach and GM, said of Underwood. "We wanted to take a look at his potential at making an impact and felt we had seen enough that we could look at others on the defensive line."

followthestar

Reaction score
they left out the word "NOT" at some point. i hope for his sake it isn't a relapse issue - if healthy i think he would have been a very good player...

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
Is that Bo in your signature in the front from American Idol?^

Reason why I would like to see him a Cowboys again because when he played with us he was getting through the offensive line with ease...

I like his pass-rush abilities... why not bring Colston Weatherington back too... Both are excellent pass-rushers nobody can't see it... I think Kalen Thorton should start this year in that 3-4 too... He is a effective pass-rusher also...

Duane

Reaction score
Compacity said:
Is that Bo in your signature in the front from American Idol?^

Reason why I would like to see him a Cowboys again because when he played with us he was getting through the offensive line with ease...

I like his pass-rush abilities... why not bring Colston Weatherington back too... Both are excellent pass-rushers nobody can't see it... I think Kalen Thorton should start this year in that 3-4 too... He is a effective pass-rusher also...
No man, it's Chris Robinson front and center - lead singer of the Black Crowes.