Unfortunate occurrence at Texas Tech Pro Day

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Unfortunate occurrence at Texas Tech Pro Day
Posted: March 13th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Luis Vasquez, Rylan Reed, Texas Tech

A moment of sadness overshadowed Texas Tech’s pro day. OT Rylan Reed started out the workout exceptionally well, measuring in at 6-foot-5 1/2-inch, 309 pounds. He then had 41 bench press reps — a tally that would have put him No. 1 among all athletes at the NFL Scouting Combine last month. That is when Reed’s day took a turn for the worse. On his first 40-yard dash, he suffered an injured knee and had to be taken to the hospital.

Here’s hoping Reed recovers quickly.

On to the rest of the prospects:

OL Luis Vasquez (6-5, 325 pounds) ran 5.22 twice in the 40, had a 30 1/2-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot, 7-inch broad jump, a 4.94 in the short shuttle, a 7.66 three-cone drill and stood on his bench press reps from the combine. He performed well in the position drills.

DE Brandon Williams (6-3, 254 pounds) ran a 4.80 and 4.81 in the 40, had a 33 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 10-inch broad jump, 18 bench press reps and kept the rest of his numbers from the combine.

S Darcel McBath (6-0 5/8, 200 pounds) ran a 4.53 and 4.54 in the 40, had a 10-foot broad jump and 17 lifts.

QB Graham Harrell (6-2, 3/8) — ran a 4.95 in the 40, but struggled somewhat in the position drills.

– Gil Brandt

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I think Dallas will draft one of these guys:

Cornelius Lewis
Jamie Thomas
Louis Vazquez

They could take two of them if they had a chance to do it, imo.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
either one of them and i think we would do good;

however im hoping the cowboys can get duke robinson in the 2nd round, i think he will be a stud offensive linemen in 2 years, and thats what the dallas cowboys need on the offensive line aka erik williams or larry allen

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
41gy#;2688300 said:
I think Dallas will draft one of these guys:

Cornelius Lewis
Jamie Thomas
Louis Vazquez

They could take two of them if they had a chance to do it, imo.

I think you should add Herman Johnson to that list. I think he will be better than Duke Robinson when all is said and done.