Updated draft order...

zagnut

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Opponent's winning percentage is calculated by the total number of wins by your opponent divided by the total number of games the opponents have played.

Vikings 7-5
Browns 3-9
Redsksins 4-8
Giants 5-7
Steelers 11-1
Packers 7-5
Lions 5-7
Bengals 6-6
Eagles 11-1
Ravens 7-5
Bears 5-7
Seahawks 6-6

12 opponents and each have played 12 games. That means the total number of games played is 144.

Now you add up the total number of wins and it comes to 77.

77 wins divided by 144 total games is .535. There is no number of wins divided by 144 that will compute to .526.

75/144 = .521
76/144 = .528

I created a program in Microsoft Excel that does all of my calculations for me automatically. All I do is enter a win or a loss and the program automatically does all the calculations.

Each week before the games start I change the field by 1 number so that the calculations remain current. If I could ever figure out how to make it automatically assign the draft order I'd love it. I've thought very seriously about putting this program on a web site so people can access it. Maybe one of these days.

I figured out how they (Great Blue North) are getting their numbers. They are using the entire season -- all 16 teams on the schedule using the current records -- whereas the draft order you've calculated is focusing on the games that have been played and will calculate future games as they come.

Their calculation sees 101 wins divided by 192 games = 0.526

In their calculation, each week a team's wins goes up by 16 or less, and the number of games goes up by 16. Pretty small fluctuation. Their draft order could end up being closer to what it will look like at the end of the season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zagnut said:
I figured out how they (Great Blue North) are getting their numbers. They are using the entire season -- all 16 teams on the schedule using the current records -- whereas the draft order you've calculated is focusing on the games that have been played and will calculate future games as they come.

Their calculation sees 101 wins divided by 192 games = 0.526

In their calculation, each week a team's wins goes up by 16 or less, and the number of games goes up by 16. Pretty small fluctuation. Their draft order could end up being closer to what it will look like at the end of the season.
My program calculates the entire season as well and they are still off on most teams. They happen to be right on Dallas.