Twitter: Updated draft order

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People here will say we need to tank because we need a high draft pick in one post and then say that Pollard (a 4th round pick) is as good a Zeke (a 1st round, top 5 pick)... well which is it?
Exactly!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I like our draft position now. This draft has a lot of question marks, from a lack of elite defensive prospects to a ton of players who opted out and only have one year of film from 2019.

In the 10-15 range, we will be in the perfect spot to take anyone without feeling like we're reaching. A CB like Surtain or Farley with a Top-8 pick may be a reach. Same with a LB like Parsons. Or it might be too risky to take a player who didn't play in 2020. But at our new position, it's perfect for taking anyone and it's not too low.

cjlopez

Reaction score
our Range is 7 thru 19.........That's the Highest we can move up and 19 is the Lowest if we when the EAST and lost 1st Round .

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It's got NOTHING to do with that.

That trade was all about O'Brien and his stupidity. The Dolphins got lucky and found a dumb GM like the Cowboys did with Minnesota and the Walker trade.

Look at what you just wrote, a bad GM made a dumb mistake and a GM who was paying attention took advantage to ensure that his team got a first round draft pick based on the stupidity of the bad GM. Yea, clearly the GM had nothing to do with this.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
At Tankathon (Tankathon.com/nfl), the Cowboys are currently in the 11th spot.
With four 5-10 teams, Dallas at 6-9 along with three other teams (could be a fourth one added - Buffalo plays 6-8 New England on MNF), the draft order won't be set in stone for the non-playoff teams until week 17 is complete.
Getting back into the top 10 is a long shot.
It’s not if we lose next week giants drop back and we move up into 10 spot or possibly higher. It’s not impossible But let’s be honest I don’t see us losing to Danny dimes there so in likelihood we make the playoffs or get the 11-13 pick

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The only benefit this yr was if the team obtained a pick they could trade down for a QB needy team. The top end talent in this year's class isn't good. Many think after top 5, prospects will have similar grades within the top 20.

jujoboys

Reaction score
there will be a good CB in that area

Yes, I think sometimes people get too caught up in draft position. There will be some great players fall to us regardless of where we are picking. We just have to hope that our front office does their job and identifies those players. I think it is more important that we end this season on a high note. We don't need to go into next year with a football team that doubts the coaching staff and we don't need a football team that quits. I love that those guys are fighting their butts off to win. That being said, I still want Mike Nolan fired.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I like our draft position now. This draft has a lot of question marks, from a lack of elite defensive prospects to a ton of players who opted out and only have one year of film from 2019.

In the 10-15 range, we will be in the perfect spot to take anyone without feeling like we're reaching. A CB like Surtain or Farley with a Top-8 pick may be a reach. Same with a LB like Parsons. Or it might be too risky to take a player who didn't play in 2020. But at our new position, it's perfect for taking anyone and it's not too low.
I’m curious to see how parsons combine goes. He could fall because of the circumstances but his combine could propel him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We need a shutdown CB and you can still get that guy in the 10 - 15 range.
Also don’t forget we have a boatload of picks this year, could easily do a small move up if a prospect they like gets in their range

Kaiser

Reaction score
Also don’t forget we have a boatload of picks this year, could easily do a small move up if a prospect they like gets in their range

Totally agree. But I go back and forth on it, some times I want to package a bunch of picks to move up because we will probably have fewer roster spots available this year. Other days I look at guys like Anthony Brown and Donovan Wilson and Michael Gallup and say we should pick a bunch of guys to sort out in training camp.