Twitter: Updated Special Teams Rankings

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This is a huge deal! Especially cause this staff believes so much in field position and time of possession.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Color me shocked if any of the Special Teams staff is allowed to coach on this team next year. This is anemic, and absolutely unacceptable.

Its typical of this organization

We put an unqualified guy in charge, and lo and behold look what happens.....

And both pollard and austin have return skills so it is 100000% on the coaching....

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
This is a huge deal! Especially cause this staff believes so much in field position and time of possession.
Yup. Dak already is not a world beater behind center, but forcing him over and over again to put together 90-97 yard scoring drives is a huge handicap for the offense.

Anyone have a tally on how many illegal formation penalties we've received while punting the ball this season? Including yesterday, it has to be at least 3.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
...and playing well in all three phases of the game. I honestly can’t recall a single game in which the ST’s played well. They were mediocre in one game that I recall and horrid in the rest.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Chris Jones is one of the big reasons the opponents score easily on us. I haven't seen the opponents start their drive behind the 25 yard line in a long time. The guy has turned into a pure garbage player.

chicago JK

Reaction score
It just amazing that a coach who likes to talk about all three phases and not overlooking loose ends has a consistent terrible special teams. This coaching staff and front office should have been churning that group all year long trying to improve that phase of the team. There field goal kicker inspired no confidence, their punter distance was poor, the coverage teams were terrible, etc.

There is no reason this should not have been a high priority this season to try to get a league average. Like most things (safety play, DT talent, etc) it seems like they close their eyes and hope for better performance.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Color me shocked if any of the Special Teams staff is allowed to coach on this team next year. This is anemic, and absolutely unacceptable.

Been calling out the special teams every week in the game day thread, for the past 2 YEARS...

File this under the front office and coaches are "the last to know"

Every part of this team is soooo poorly coached its ridiculous.