News: Updates: Gallup Trending Toward Debut Sunday

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Looking so forward on this young player's return.

Sept. 30 Updates

2:58 p.m. – Wide receiver Michael Gallup's game status for Sunday is not in question, according to Friday's practice report, as signs point to Gallup making his season debut against the Washington Commanders in Week 4.

Gallup has had full practice for a second straight week, and head coach Mike McCarthy said Friday morning that Gallup is on a "good path" toward hopefully playing Sunday. This would be Gallup's first game action since tearing his ACL in past January against Arizona and undergoing surgery in February.

Safety Jayron Kearse (knee), tight end Dalton Schultz (knee) and guard Connor McGovern (ankle) are listed as questionable for Sunday. Quarterback Dak Prescott (thumb) has been ruled out for Week 4, which means Cooper Rush is set to start against Washington.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-september-2022

Scotman

Reaction score
As long as he's healthy, he can only help.

Will Gallup becoming eligible cause someone else to be removed from the roster? I've lost track of his designation.

Creeper

Reaction score
Why use a phrase like "trending toward" if he is not even listed on the injury report? Seems to me if he is not injured he should be definitely playing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Gallup is all healed up, but it is more of a mental thing for him now.

Yes, get him some plays, but he does not need to out there full time right away.
Get him some easy catches, gain some modest yards before running anything to intricate or down field.

However, the team knows his situation as too limits or no limits. So we may see deep sideline passes right away.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Funny how nobody cares he's back. Guess Gallup has to perform lights out to receive any recognition. :rolleyes:

I am glad for this young man to come back. I think it will open the passing game up. Plus, I want to see how he does with Rush. It was sad how he got injured on making such a great catch for a TD.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Yes, get him some plays, but he does not need to out there full time right away.
Get him some easy catches, gain some modest yards before running anything to intricate or down field.

However, the team knows his situation as too limits or no limits. So we may see deep sideline passes right away.

I definitely agree. Work him in slowly.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Just need to get him the ball early

Yes, but sometimes you think about your injury. I'm not saying he is going to make business decisions, but I do believe working him slowly in will help. So, I agree with you. Maybe, he doesn't get the first pass but the one after that is manageable.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Funny how nobody cares he's back. Guess Gallup has to perform lights out to receive any recognition. :rolleyes:

I think Gallup will make a big difference. Imagine if he was running this route:

Screen-Shot-2022-09-26-at-7.31.08-PM-e1664242793851.png

there would be no need for last minute heroics because the game would have been long decided

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Gallup is "trending" because he's too scared. He already said it's a "mental" thing at this point. Seems like the Commodes would be a good team to warm up against.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Why use a phrase like "trending toward" if he is not even listed on the injury report? Seems to me if he is not injured he should be definitely playing.
Because there's no place on the injury report to put "mentally unready" lol.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Looking so forward on this young player's return.

Sept. 30 Updates

2:58 p.m. – Wide receiver Michael Gallup's game status for Sunday is not in question, according to Friday's practice report, as signs point to Gallup making his season debut against the Washington Commanders in Week 4.

Gallup has had full practice for a second straight week, and head coach Mike McCarthy said Friday morning that Gallup is on a "good path" toward hopefully playing Sunday. This would be Gallup's first game action since tearing his ACL in past January against Arizona and undergoing surgery in February.

Safety Jayron Kearse (knee), tight end Dalton Schultz (knee) and guard Connor McGovern (ankle) are listed as questionable for Sunday. Quarterback Dak Prescott (thumb) has been ruled out for Week 4, which means Cooper Rush is set to start against Washington.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-september-2022
Cooper rush, went deep twice last week. Maybe that’s a sign of things to come.,