US National American Football Team gets blown out by Japan

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

The US National American Football Team got blown out by Japan 41-20. Oh, and the US trailed at halftime 27-7. I know these were 17-20 year olds, but still. I don't know if this says more about Japan's growth at American Football (fwiw, I've been posting for years on here about Japan's X League) or if there's something to be concerned about for US American Football development.

gtb1943

Reaction score
just who were the people on our team?
Obviously not any of the top talent since they are already in College.
So kind of embarrassing since this is American Football but clearly we did not really do much to assemble a real team

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
just who were the people on our team?
Obviously not any of the top talent since they are already in College.
So kind of embarrassing since this is American Football but clearly we did not really do much to assemble a real team

Not sure. I know both teams were U20, so they weren't pros by any means, but then, the same went for the Japanese players. Begs the question of if it's something to do with the development of the Japanese players (like with baseball, a problem with the US players becoming complacent with their development, or both. Either way, I can see a scenario in which, like with baseball pitchers, some positions are heavily linked more with Japanese players. I think the US needs to improve it's development before another country passes the US. Then again, the NFL should also consider playing games in Tokyo. If they want to grow the game and play internationally, the Japanese would probably sell out the Tokyo Dome.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Thats it. That seals the deal. Im no longer a U20 USA American football fan. I’ve been a fan since 1776 and a season ticket holder since 1892. I will no longer watch on TV or renew my season tickets. I’m taking my fanhood to Japan where they actually know how to run a REAL team.

DFWJC

Reaction score

The US National American Football Team got blown out by Japan 41-20. Oh, and the US trailed at halftime 27-7. I know these were 17-20 year olds, but still. I don't know if this says more about Japan's growth at American Football (fwiw, I've been posting for years on here about Japan's X League) or if there's something to be concerned about for US American Football development.

Pretty sure we don't send our top prospects to this stuff
nowhere near it

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thats it. That seals the deal. Im no longer a U20 USA American football fan. I’ve been a fan since 1776 and a season ticket holder since 1892. I will no longer watch on TV or renew my season tickets. I’m taking my fanhood to Japan where they actually know how to run a REAL team.

Hahahahahaha, nicely done.