US Open

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Kudos to DeChambeau. A guy who was once trying to be Happy Gilmore, won the toughest test in golf with his wedge and putter on a day when his driver was pretty erratic.

Got to give Bryson credit. Some of the wedges he played yesterday were almost impossible and he kept pulling it off.
And made some big time putts, every time he needed one.

As a sidebar--did anyone else enjoy watching that sanctimonious prick Rory gag all over himself coming in?
Maybe he'll quit talking junk about LIV golfers now..... but I doubt it..... Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Well deserved Bryson. Congrats.

csirl

Reaction score
Congrats to DeChambeau - kept his composure in challenging circumstances.

Your post is interesting - a good example of how coverage in different parts of the world skews perspective.

In Europe, Rory wasnt just battling the golf course, but also a hostile crowd and hostile competitors. Made a brave comeback from behind, but came up short against someone who didnt play as well for most of thd final round.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Congrats to DeChambeau - kept his composure in challenging circumstances.

Your post is interesting - a good example of how coverage in different parts of the world skews perspective.

In Europe, Rory wasnt just battling the golf course, but also a hostile crowd and hostile competitors. Made a brave comeback from behind, but came up short against someone who didnt play as well for most of thd final round.
I agree with your last sentence. DeChambeau had major problems with his driver all day Sunday. But every time he got in trouble his wedge and putter were on point. Incredible saves numerous times

With regards to the crowd I don't know if it was hostile to Rory as much as there was a pro DeChambeau sentiment, similar to when Lowry won the Open on home turf at Portrush for example. All the USA chants were probably more in favor of Bryson as opposed to against Rory IMO

Being politely honest My distaste for McIlroy has everything to do with his stance on LIV and how high and mighty he tried to position himself. As if he's some paragon of virtue, while he makes millions of dollars by draping himself in Nike gear made in some foreign sweatshop by a 10 year old kid....

If he's smart hopefully it humbled him and he can just be a golfer again instead of acting like he's God's gift to humanity. The last 2 years he's been a loudmouth hypocrite IMO and I was glad to see him get knocked down a peg. JMHO

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Kudos to DeChambeau. A guy who was once trying to be Happy Gilmore, won the toughest test in golf with his wedge and putter on a day when his driver was pretty erratic.

Got to give Bryson credit. Some of the wedges he played yesterday were almost impossible and he kept pulling it off.
And made some big time putts, every time he needed one.

As a sidebar--did anyone else enjoy watching that sanctimonious prick Rory gag all over himself coming in?
Maybe he'll quit talking junk about LIV golfers now..... but I doubt it..... Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Well deserved Bryson. Congrats.
Kudo’s to DeChambeau. I’ve always rooted for him. But calling Rory a sanctimonious prick is pretty childish. You don’t know him.