USC Matt Kalil to enter 2012 draft

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7358275/usc-trojans-matt-kalil-enter-2012-nfl-draft

USC offensive tackle Matt Kalil has decided to forgo his senior season and seek entry into the 2012 NFL draft.

ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen first reported Kalil's decision.

Kalil, a projected top-five pick, informed Trojans coach Lane Kiffin, other staff members and teammates of his decision to turn pro. Kalil has received numerous All-American honors this year.

The 6-foot-7, 295-pound Kalil redshirted as a freshman, was backup to Charles Brown his second year and then started his final two years for the Trojans at left tackle.

In 2011, Kalil didn't allow a sack and led the USC offensive line to the lowest sack-allowed total in the country.

ESPN.com's Scouts, Inc. ranks Kalil as the No. 2 prospect in the nation at any position, behind only Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck. Other top tackles include Stanford's Jonathan Martin and Iowa's Riley Reiff, although most scouts have Kalil firmly ahead of them.
I've seen him play most of the season and he was playing at a very high level and I believe he'll be a great LT for some team since I don't think Cowboys are getting him. Also, Matt Barkley will most likely enter 2012 draft as well based on Kalil's decision.

RS12

Reaction score

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Kalil is the real deal and as an added benefit, he has a nasty demeanor ala Marc Colombo.